This Kielbasa Alfredo Bake is a family favorite that even the kids will enjoy! An easy recipe with a simple homemade Alfredo sauce and sliced kielbasa.
This easy Kielbasa Alfredo Bake is one of my favorite dishes to make my family! Mostly because there is no fighting with the kids to eat dinner, they love it! My oldest even had seconds. When feeding kids I really have to simplify what I call the dish. Since they don't realize they like Alfredo or kielbasa I served this dish to them as cheesy noodles and hot dogs. Works overtime, it's all in the wording! Have you ever done that before to get your kids to eat their food? A quesadilla is now a Mexican grilled cheese and chicken is just rust free chicken nuggets. Leave me a comment and tell me what dish you re-name so your kids will eat it! My husband and I we really enjoyed this Kielbasa Alfredo Bake and even had a few days leftovers that we continued to enjoy! Pasta always makes for good leftovers!
How to make Kielbasa Alfredo Bake:
Start by cooking your pasta. While that is cooking make your sauce. This is my favorite part butter and minced garlic in a large pan. I LOVE the smell of garlic and butter cooking, soooo good! Next, add flour and once it is well-combined flour in your chicken broth then half and half.
Allow it to thicken then add in the cheese! I usually add small amounts at a time. Mix and let it melt while you stir. Keep doing this until your cheese is gone and your sauce is thick. If you toss it all in at once you could end up with a chunky sauce. This is why I love Alfredo sauce! It's just a super creamy melted cheese sauce! Drain your cooked pasta and place it in a casserole dish. Pour your homemade Alfredo sauce over it and mix it up. Last slice up Kielbasa and put it in your casserole. Top with more cheese, yes more cheese then bake.
Bake your dish until cheese is melted and bubbly. I served mine with a salad and steamed veggies. Those side items did take a little more convincing to get the kids to try them though =)
Try these recipe next:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Kielbasa Alfredo Bake
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 12 oz Kielbasa (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Start by cooking your pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a large pot melt butter then add in minced garlic. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes then whisk in flour. Whisk together until flour and butter are combined.
- Whisk in chicken broth and half and half. Add salt and pepper and whisk for 5 minutes until thickened. Add Parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella and stir until cheese is melted.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Add cooked pasta to a casserole dish and pour over homemade warm Alfredo sauce and mix. Slice kielbasa and place it in the casserole dish. I mixed in half of mine and placed the rest on top. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and sprinkle on parsley. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!