My classic Meatloaf Recipe made in a muffin tin for the perfect Mini Meatloaf appetizers or a cute main course no one will expect! Serve alone for a party or serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie for dinner!
We love meatloaf in this house. Everyone eats it including all my boys. While I think I have one of the best recipes for a classic meatloaf that stays moist and tastes great, sometimes meatloaf is kind of boring.
Well, the kids were requesting meatloaf and I wanted to have some fun with it. So, I made my meatloaf into Mini Meatloaf by making them in a mini-muffin tin, instead of a loaf pan.
How to make Mini Meatloaf:
Make this meatloaf recipe just like a normal meatloaf. Essentially you just make your meatloaf recipe and then scoop the meatloaf into the muffin tin.
Top with some of the meatloaf sauce I make, and the bake. Once they are done, allow them to cool and serve on a platter for a party, or with the other items you make for dinner!
- Ground Beef - I recommend a lean beef like 80/20 ground beef, but not super lean like a 90/10.
- White Onion - finely minced.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Seasoning Salt - You can use regular table salt as well.
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
Step One - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step Two - In a large mixing bowl add ground beef, finely minced onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and ½ cup of ketchup.
Gently mix with hands and then add to your prepared muffin tin.
Step Three - Mix remaining ¼ cup of ketchup with brown sugar and mustard. Add this to the top of your meatloaf.
- Tip: Save some of this if you want to add more to the tops of your meatloaf after they have cooked or make more!
Step Four - Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until your meatloaf if cooked through. Allow to cool and settle for several minutes then serve.
How to freeze Mini Meatloaf:
- Uncooked: You can mix and freeze your meatloaf before baking it. To do this prepare your mini meatloaf in the muffin tin. Flash freeze for about an hour and then take them out and place in a large freezer bag. When you are ready to bake it allow it to thaw in the fridge for at 24 hours and then bake according to directions.
- Cooked: You can also bake the meatloaf and then freeze. You want to first allow it to cool completely then wrap each mini meatloaf in plastic wrap and place in a large freezer bag. And again, when you are ready to bake it allow it to thaw in the fridge for at 24 hours and then reheat in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes per meatloaf. Cooking times may vary depending on the type of microwave you have.
Here is a quick tip when making a meatloaf:
- Stick with leaner ground beef but not to lean. All the fat will come out and sit at the bottom and using a lean ground beef will mean less fat pooling at the bottom of your pan or baking sheet. But too lean could mean a dry meatloaf. We suggest an 80/20 ground beef.
- Use you a good amount of cooking spray. You do not want your mini meatloaf muffins sticking to the pan.
- Don't over-mix. When you are mixing your ground beef and the rest of the ingredients make sure to not over-mix. You want to mix it until they are all combined then form your loaf.
- Give your meatloaf time to cool slightly before serving. This will help you remove the mini meatloaf from the pan easier.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 pounds Ground beef (lean)
- 1 small White onion (finely minced)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ +¼ cup Ketchup (divided)
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add ground beef, finely minced onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and ½ cup of ketchup. Gently mix with hands and then add to your prepared muffin tin.
- Mix remaining ¼ cup of ketchup with brown sugar and mustard. Add this to the top of your meatloaf.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until your meatloaf if cooked through. Allow to cool and settle for several minutes then serve.
Leave a Reply