A thick and hearty soup with no beans. This simple No Bean Chili is one of my favorite ways to make chili.
Beans have to be one of my least favorite foods. I don't see myself as a picky eater really and would try most anything. Beans though I just can't move past and have never been a fan of them. I did grow up outside Cincinnati and we don't have beans in our chili there. This chili isn't a Cincinnati style chili (<-- if you want to try that click there) but it is a hearty chili just without the beans.
How to Make No Bean Chili:
Start with a large pot that will fit all your ingredients later. I used a 7 quart pot that worked perfectly. In a large pot cook and crumble ground beef. Drain fat then add in onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes until tender. Add in crushed tomatoes, petit diced tomatoes, and all seasonings. All to cook on low and shimmer for 45-50 minutes. Serve topped with optional garnish and serve.
How to Freeze this recipe:
Once your chili is cooked you want to cool it before you can freeze it. Do not place your hot chili in the fridge or freezer until cooked. You can remove from heat and place on the stove top until cool or to cool it a little laster you could place it in a sink with some ice on the bottom. The ice will bring the pots temperature down quicker which will help cool your chili faster. Once you cooled you can place in a freezer container or a freezer bag. When you are ready to serve start by thawing it in the refrigerator. Then place it in a large pot and bring to a boil. Serve and enjoy!
What is good to serve with chili?
- Hot Dogs
- French Fries (this chili is perfect for chili cheese fries)
- Sour cream
- Diced Jalapeños
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh parsley
- Diced fresh onion
Watch the No Bean Chili and Chili Bar Cooking Episode:
More chili recipes you will love:
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili: Simple to make right in your slow cooker and the best fall recipe. Serve this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with warm cornbread or crackers and maybe around a campfir
Super Simple Chili: One of the easiest chili recipe you will find! This Super Simple Chili is easy to make yet taste great. Make sure to make a big batch during these cold months.
Taco Chili: A good hearty meal with a new spin on it! Try your taco night in chili form this week with this filling Taco Chili topped with your favorite taco toppings.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
No Bean Chili
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 cup White onion (about 1 small onion)
- 2 cups Bell peppers (about 2 peppers)
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 28 oz Crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 14.5 oz Petit diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Parsley flakes (dried)
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ cup Sour cream (optional for garnish)
- ¼ cup Shredded cheese (optional for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh diced parsley (optional for garnish)
- In a large pot cook and crumble ground beef. Drain fat then add in onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, petit diced tomatoes, and all seasonings. All to cook on low and shimmer for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve topped with optional garnish and serve.
Leave a Reply