This Pumpkin Crunch Cake is the perfect Fall dessert. Tastes like pumpkin pie in cake form! Topped with crunchy pecans and whipped cream this will be a dessert everyone loves!
Fall is almost upon us. As my favorite season of the year, I love Pumpkin Spice and all the great fall flavors are in my house day one!
Yes, I will even order my Fall ingredients for cooking on Amazon if I have to, just to be ready!
This Pumpkin Crunch Cake is one of my newer Fall favorites. All my favorite pumpkin pie flavors in a cake!
Topped with whipped cream, this is a dessert every pumpkin lover will enjoy!
How to make Pumpkin Crunch Cake:
Similar to some of the Dump Cakes I make; this is kind of like that. You put your fruit and wet ingredients on the bottom the cake pans, and your dry ingredients on the top.
Dump: Mix your pumpkin puree mix and spread it on the bottom of your pan. Then you pour your dry cake mix on top of that.
Top: Pour the melted butter on top of the cake mix, and then sprinkle the crushed pecans all over the cake.
Bake: Bake and enjoy!
Top with whipped cream and some more pecans when serving.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure it's pumpkin pie mix. You want 100% pumpkin.
- Evaporated Milk
- Sugar: white graduated sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Melted Butter: I used unsalted butter.
- Pecans: crushed
Step One - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step Two - Add pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
Once these ingredients are combined you can pour this mixture into your prepared baking dish.
Step Three - Sprinkle on dry cake mix in top of your pumpkin mixture.
Step Three continued - Then evenly pour on butter to your cake mix.
- Tip: Use a spoon to spread the butter evenly. You don't want to mix but dry spots don't bake as well.
Last before baking top with crushed pecans.
Step Four - Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake is cooked throughout.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Can you make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, making this ahead of time is a great idea! This cake can be made in advance.
It will last in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days.
If you do make it ahead of time, do not add the whipped cream until you are ready to serve.
How do you store this cake?
I recommend baking this in a casserole dish that has a lid.
Once it's baked allow it to cool, and then you can put the lid on it and store it in the refrigerator.
What other good Thanksgiving Desserts are there?
Try some of these recipes for some of my favorite Thanksgiving desserts!
No Bake Pumpkin Pie - This No Bake Pumpkin Pie is perfect for the Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving parties and meals! Enjoy this easy to make pie!
Dutch Apple Pie - This Dutch Apple Pie is one of my all-time favorites. Something about warm apples, brown sugar, and whipped cream that make the perfect combination.
Pumpkin Pie - This simple Easy 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie is a staple for the holiday table!
Try some of my other fruit cakes:
Cherry Dump Cake - This Cherry Dump Cake is super easy to make. Made with only four ingredients, this dessert will become an instant family favorite. Don't forget to top it with some Vanilla Ice Cream!
Strawberry Poke Cake - This Strawberry Poke cake is perfect for spring and summer gatherings but I enjoy this one all year long.
Apple Spice Dump Cake - Three ingredients later and you have the best fall dessert. This super simple 3 Ingredient Apple Spice Dump Cake is full of flavor and the simplest dessert you will make this fall.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 12 oz evaporated milk (1 can)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup pecans (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Pour this mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Then evenly pour on butter to your cake mix. Use a spoon to then spread out the butter to make sure no dry cake is left. Gently making sure not to stir. Last top with crushed pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake is cooked throughout. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then slice and serve.