The perfect Christmas snack dessert, these Rolo Pretzels are made with three ingredients for a great treat. Serve it at parties or give it to family and friends as a nice Christmas gift.
Christmas time is a great time of year to give family, friends, and neighbors gifts of homemade treats and goodies.
I love making cookies, fudge, and other candies during the holidays. My favorite part about making these treats is giving them out to my friends and family. Making goodie bags is a great gift to give people.
Load up the goodie bags with these Rolo Pretzels and whatever other treats you want to make.
How to make Rolo Pretzels:
Place your pretzel squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel, and then heat up in the oven for about 2-3 minutes.
Watch them so the Rolos do not get too hot and melt. You just want them to be warm enough to be able to push the M&Ms into the tops.
Once the M&Ms are pushed into the tops of the Rolos, allow them to cool on the counter or in the refrigerator. Once they have cooled and set, enjoy!
- Pretzel Squares - a classic pretzel shape would work for this also but I found squares to work best.
- Rolo Candies - Rolo is a brand of candy made by Hershey. It's a chocoalte candy with caramel filling.
- Christmas Colored M&M Candies - if you can't find them, buy some regular M&Ms and separate out the green and red ones.
Step One - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step Two - Place the pretzel squares on a baking sheet.
Step Three - Place 1 unwrapped Rolo candies on each pretzel squares
Step Four - Bake for 2-3 minutes or just until Rolo candies have started to melt.
Step Five - Press 1 M&M candies onto each Rolo candy. Allow to cool completely then serve.
Rolo Pretzel Variations:
While I made these ones specific for Christmas, you can make these any time of year and top them with any color or variety of M&M you prefer! Try some of these other options on top of the Rolos.
- Peanut M&M's
- Peanut Butter M&M's
- Dark Chocolate M&M's
- Any other variation and flavor of M&M's you like or can find at the store!
You can also top the Rolos with some other items to change them up a little as well. Try some of these:
- Nuts - Walnuts or Pecans are a good choice.
- Cordial Cherries - May be a bit bigger, but they are really good on top
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - do I even need to explain this? It's amazing!
- Hershey's Kisses - Again, may be a tad big, but there are some really great and festive Hershey Kiss variations out during Christmas time that will be amazing!
Try some of my other favorite Christmas treats:
Christmas Cookie Fudge - Made with just 5 ingredients, these Christmas Cookie Fudge tastes so much like Christmas Sugar Cookies. Santa will love these, and you will love serving this holiday fudge!
Christmas Chex Mix - This Christmas Chex Mix is the perfect party snack or dessert to share at Christmastime! It is made with only 5 ingredients, and is different than the traditional cookies or candy made at Christmas.
Christmas Crack - The most addicting Christmas treat. This Christmas Crack is simple to make with just 5 ingredients and is just as addicting as the name implies.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 40 pretzel squares
- 40 Rolo candies
- 40 Christmas colored M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pretzel squares on a baking sheet.
- Place 1 unwrapped Rolo candies on each pretzel squares.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes or just until Rolo candies have started to melt.
- Press 1 M&M candies onto each Rolo candy. Allow to cool completely then serve.
Leave a Reply