This Christmas Chex Mix is the perfect party snack or dessert to share at Christmastime! It is made with only 5 ingredients, and is different than the traditional cookies or candy made at Christmas.
Christmas Chex Mix is a great treat to make for a party, movie night, or just for any reason during the holiday season.
I love this dessert and have made many variations over the years for different holidays.
For Christmas I use Christmas M&M's to celebrate the holiday. The white chocolate is also the perfect melting chocolate to use in the wintertime as well, because I feel it gives everything a wintery feel.
How to make Christmas Chex Mix:
Start by mixing your cereals and pretzels in a large bowl. Mix in your M&Ms. Melt your white chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals.
Pour the melted white chocolate over Chex Mix in the large bowl and mix it all together until everything is fully coated.
Spread the Chex Mix out on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment or wax paper to let everything set. Enjoy!
- Chex Cereal
- Christmas M&Ms
- White Chocolate - I used white chocolate melting wafers
Step One - Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for later.
- Cooking Tip: Melting wafers will be much easier to melt than white chocolate chips.
Step Four - Pour melted chocolate over Chex mix in your large mixing bowl. Stir until Chex mix in coated in chocolate.
Pour coated Chex onto your prepared baking sheet and allow to set for 15-20 minutes. Once dried serve and enjoy.
How to store Christmas Chex Mix:
Store in an air-tight container or baggie on the counter or in the pantry.
The Chex Mix should last for about 2-3 months, but I doubt it will because you will eat it all.
Melting Chocolate Tips
Melting chocolate can be a little tricky so it's important to use higher quality chocolate.
I bought white chocolate wafers for this recipe, but you could also use a white chocolate baking bar or almond bar that was made for baking and melting.
If you do not want to use a microwave you can melt this in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Christmas Chex Mix
- 3 cups Chex cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup Christmas M&M's
- 10 oz white chocolate (I used white chocolate melting waffers)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for later.
- Combine Chex cereal, cheerios, pretzels, and Christmas M&M's in a large mixing bowl.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 seconds and remove and mix with a clean spoon. Repeat until chocolate is fully melted. Note: melting wafers will be much easier to melt than white chocolate chips.
- Pour melted chocolate over Chex mix in your large mixing bowl. Stir until Chex mix in coated in chocolate. Pour coated Chex onto your prepared baking sheet and allow to set for 15-20 minutes. Once dried serve and enjoy.