White Trash (also known as White Chocolate Trail Mix) is Cheerios, Chex, Pretzels, Peanuts and M&Ms all covered in melted white chocolate. This is a great snack for the holidays or any party or gathering you are having!
This White Trash Chex Mix is a favorite treat of mine to make around the holidays. Between this and Muddy Buddies, I am buying a lot of Chex mix cereal, haha! This dessert reminds me so much of Trash Can Cookies or Kitchen Sink Cookies. Just throw a variety of ingredients together to make your dessert! This White Trash Recipe will be a hit!
How to make this White Trash Recipe:
In a large bowl mix all ingredients for the white trash mix together. In the microwave, melt your almond bark slowly. Make sure to constantly check it and stir so it does not burn or overcook and get hard.
While the almond bark is melted and not hardened pour it over the mix. Mix them all together, gently, but so every piece is covered by the almond bark. Then lay them all out to dry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Lightly Salted Peanuts
- M&M candies
- Almond Bark, white chocolate chips, or melting wafers
Step One - In a large mixing bowl add rice Chex cereal, pretzels, Cheerios, peanuts, and M&Ms.
Step Two - Place almond bark in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds at a time mixing in-between until melted.
- Tips: For this recipe I like to use almond bark because it gives it the same taste as white chocolate but it's much easier to melt. If you prefer you can use white chocolate chips instead.
Step Three - Pour melted almond bark over your cereal and candy mix and stir to coat.
Step Four - To prevent clumping pour and spread-out white trash onto a baking sheet until cooled.
Step Five - Once cooled break apart as needed and serve and enjoy.
Chang it up for the holidays!
So, this treat can be made any time of year. Try changing up the M&Ms with whatever holiday season is close to you.
Easter Pastel M&Ms or Christmas M&Ms can make this fun for any season. At Halloween I like to use Reese's Pieces instead of M&Ms cause of the color!
What is Almond Bark?
Almond Bark is a chocolate-like confection that is made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter. Flavoring and coloring can be added to it to make it. Basically, it is an artificial chocolate.
Almond Bark differs from white chocolate just in that it has the vegetable fat instead of cocoa butter. It does taste and look exactly like melted white chocolate though.
Can I use White Chocolate?
Yes, you can use white chocolate in replace of Almond Bark. Melt it the same way, as the directions above. There is very little taste difference between almond bark and white chocolate.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
White Trash Recipe
- 2 cups rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 2 cups M&M candies
- 16 oz almond bark or white melting wafers
- In a large mixing bowl add rice Chex cereal, pretzels, Cheerios, peanuts, and M&Ms.
- Place almond bark in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds at a time mixing in-between until melted.
- Pour melted almond bark over your cereal and candy mix and stir to coat.
- To prevent clumping pour and spread-out white trash onto a baking sheet until cooled.
- Once cooled break apart as needed and serve and enjoy.