Make sure you have Santa's Favorite Cookie out this Christmas Eve. This cookie is fun to make and tastes so good. Loaded with chocolate chips, sprinkles and Christmas M&M's it is the perfect cookie for Santa.
Growing up we always left out milk and cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer. It's the perfect treat for Santa's little helpers who are staying up late to wrap the gifts and stock the stuffings.
I love these cookies because they are so full of Christmas cheer. Colorful chocolate candies and Christmas colored sprinkles make them so festive and taste so good.
How to make Santa’s Favorite Cookie Recipe:
This cookie is made with my Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie dough with M&M's and Christmas Sprinkles added in. After mixing your wet and dry ingredients separately mix them together and add your chips, sprinkles and candies. Chill then roll into balls and bake.
- Unsalted Butter (softene)
- Brown Sugar & Sugar
- Egg (room temperature)
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- M&M's (Christmas colors)
- Mini Chocolate Chips
Step Three: Fold in M&Ms, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
Step Four: Allow to chill for 2 hours in the fridge
- Tip: Chilling is essential because it allows the fats to be less runny during baking, to have soft and chewier cookies.
Step Five: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or a baking liner. Place even balls of dough onto the baking sheet (2-3 tbsp)
Step Six: Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to set on the baking sheet for an additional 2-3 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
Tips and FAQ:
Don't Over-Bake: It's important to not over bake your cookies. When you remove your cookie they might not look done but they will continue to cook on the pan.
Don't Over-Mix: Over mix your cookies they could come out of the oven flat. Make sure to mix until just combined.
Freezing Cookie Dough:
I love making extra cookie dough to freeze for later. All you need to do it roll them into balls and then freeze.
Place them on a sheet pan and into the freezer. This way they all freeze individually without getting stuck together.
Once they are frozen you can place them all in a large freezer bag together.
Baking Frozen Cookie Dough:
Start by removing the cookie dough from your freezer.
Take out the cookie dough balls from the baggy and place on a baking dish to thaw.
Once the cookie dough is back to room temperature you can bake them according to directions.
Here are a few more of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes:
Christmas Sprinkle Cookie: These are so good and so full of Christmas cheer covered in sprinkles.
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups: I love how cute these cookies are! They are filled with chocolate pudding and topped with mini marshmallows, yum!
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies: These are my favorite sugar cookies! They are soft and chewy and still perfect for decorating.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Santa's Favorite Cookie
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup M&Ms (Christmas colors)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Cream together butter and sugars in a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl shift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix this add this to your mixture until combined.
- Fold in M&Ms, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. Allow to chill for 2 hours in the fridge
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or a baking liner. Place even balls of dough onto the baking sheet (2-3 tbsp)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to set on the baking sheet for an additional 2-3 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
I loved these cookies easy to make the m&ms are a surprise when you bite into the cookie
Happy to hear that, thank you!