Tender and juicy this Slow Cooker French Dip is full of flavor. Tossed on a bun and toasted with melted cheese, you will this simple and delicious recipe.
Slow Cooker French Dip
I don’t think there is a better way to cook a roast then in a slow cooker. Cooking it slow covered in broth and spice until it’s fall apart tender, yum! Roast has always been one of my most favorite meals. My mom used to make it often as our Sunday meal after church. She tossed everything in the slow cooker the night before and turned it on before church. It would cook for hours and then when it came time for our Sunday dinner with family we had the post perfect tall apart tender roast to eat. This Slow Cooker French Dip is cooked the same way and the smell reminds me of those days arriving home to a house that smells amazing!
How to Make Slow Cooker French Dip:
I wanted this recipe to be really simple. Just like a lot of my other ones I needed a good recipe that would take little work but still tasted amazing. For this Slow Cooker French Dip all you have to worry about is tossing everything in the slow cooker. Once cooked I took mine out of the slow cooker and sliced it so it was ready for the sandwich but added it back to the slow cooker. This way each and every piece can soak up and sit in that flavorful broth. I placed mine on a sub roll and topped with provolone cheese. To get that perfectly melted cheese I place it in the oven to broil. It only takes 20-30 seconds on to melt so don’t leave it in to long. Last I added some more dried oregano to top it all off and it all turned out perfectly
Want more slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops
Slow Cooker French Dip
- 2 pounds Beef chuck roast
- 14.5 oz Beef broth (1 can)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 5 Bun
- 5 slices Provolone cheese
- Place beef chick roast into slow cooker. In a separate bowl whisk together remaining ingredients then pour over roast.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours and on low 5-6 hours or until beef is cooked through and very tender. Remove meat from the slow cooker and thinly slice then return to the slow cooker. Allow to cook in the juice for 30 more minutes.
- Place cooked beef on a roll and top with provolone cheese. Broil sandwiches on low until cheese is melted (optional: top cheese with additional dry oregano).
- Strain all remaining beef juice in the slow cooker and use as your au jus to dip your sandwich.