My famous Crack Dip or Crack Chicken Casserole is now in sandwich form! That's right, these Crack Chicken Sandwiches are made in the slow cooker for the perfect chicken sandwich.
Crack chicken is a favorite in our house. Whether it's just topped on a chicken breast or made into a Crack Chicken Casserole the flavors and tastes 0f this chicken is one we love.
I've even made a Crack Chicken Dip. So, I decided to make it and shred it up for some Crack Chicken Sandwiches or you can put it on sliders if you have those available.
How to make Crack Chicken Sandwiches:
You all know my love for the slow cooker. This recipe is really simple to make.
First you place your chicken in the slow cooker and then season with the ranch seasoning and top with the cubed cream cheese.
Once the chicken is cooked you need to shred it, and then add the cheese and bacon. So yes, halfway through you will have to do a little bit more work, or you can do it 30 minutes before you eat it when you get home from work or school.
Once it's done, add the green onions on top and then make your sandwiches!
- Chicken Breasts - boneless and skinless
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Cream Cheese - cubed
- Bacon - Cooked and Crumbled
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions - sliced
- Buns, Rolls, Croissants or Slider rolls.
Step One - Add chicken to your slow cooker and sprinkle on ranch seasoning. Cube cream cheese then place on top of seasoned chicken.
Step Two - Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Step Three - Once chicken is cooked use a fork to shred chicken and mix well.
Step Four - Add cheese and bacon to the slow cooker and mix to combine.
Step Five - Last gently mix in green onions then spoon onto buns or rolls and serve.
Why do they call it Crack Chicken?
Have you ever eaten something so rich and decadent you can't stop?
Well, the flavors of this dish are that, and if I can say so you will want to make it again and again.
A meal this tasty, you will understand why it gets its name after one bite!
What to serve with Crack Chicken Sandwiches:
With a hot sandwich like this, that has cooked all day in the slow cooker I will have some time to be able to make some sides as well.
French Fries goes great with these, or roasted vegetables. Try some of these recipes for sides that go great with these sandwiches.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries - These Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries are perfectly cooked in the air fryer for the best crispy fries.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes - These Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are perfectly seasoned and perfectly crispy.
Roasted Vegetables - These deliciously seasoned Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish. Take your favorite vegetables, season them, and make the easiest Roasted Vegetables you've ever had.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Crack Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 pounds chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1 oz dry ranch seasoning packet
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 block)
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onions (sliced)
- buns, rolls, or croissants
- Add chicken to your slow cooker and sprinkle on ranch seasoning. Cube cream cheese then place on top of seasoned chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked use a fork to shred chicken and mix well.
- Add cheese and bacon to the slow cooker and mix to combine.
- Last gently mix in green onions then spoon onto buns or rolls and serve.
Awesome!!! Made pita pockets. Major yum !!! Thx !!