These Smashed Potatoes are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Seasoned just right, these may become your new favorite way to have potatoes as a side dish!
These potatoes are a great side dish for any chicken, beef or pork meal you make. Smashed Potatoes are seasoned and baked perfectly to make these crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. These are a new twist on mashed potatoes, and I love them.
How to make Smashed Potatoes:
You first boil the potatoes to get the insides nice and soft. Once boiled you get them on your baking sheet and "smash" them with your potato mashed.
Season them and then bake in the oven to finish them off. Serve warm with your dinner. If you want to top these, check out my Loaded Smashed Potatoes recipe!
- Small Petite Gold Potatoes - small red potatoes will work great too.
- Oil or Melted Butter
- Diced Chives for garnish (optional)
Step One - Preheat oven to 450. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray on it.
Step Two - Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Cover and boil for about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Tip: To tell if the potatoes are done, use a fork or knife and stab into the potato. If you can get to the center easily, they are done.
Step Three - Once potatoes are tender drain water and place on your prepared baking sheet. Use a potato masher to smash down potatoes.
Step Four - Brush potato with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Step Five - Remove from oven and top with chives and serve.
Optional Topping for Smashed Potatoes:
There is nothing wrong with eating these potatoes just as they are, but you can also load them up! Try some of these toppings!
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon Crumbles or Bits
What to serve with Smashed Potatoes:
Baked BBQ Chicken - The most perfect Baked BBQ Chicken. Full of flavor and cooked moist, tender, and delicious! Add this recipe to your dinner menu this week.
Turkey Meatloaf - Turkey Meatloaf is a classic recipe that is often forgotten. This meatloaf recipe is healthy made with lean ground turkey, full of flavor and super moist! This will become a favorite in your house for sure!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast - This Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is so simple to make and so full of flavor. The best part is you don't need to take up any more oven space, just let your slow cooker do the work.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 12 small Petite Gold Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper or to taste
- diced chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray on it.
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Cover and boil for about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Once potatoes are tender drain water and place on your prepared baking sheet. Use a potato smasher to smash down potatoes.
- Brush potato with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with chives and serve.
Leave a Reply