Smooth and creamy homemade Sour Cream and Ranch Mashed Potatoes. The perfect side dish for any meal and one that the entire family is going to love.
Sour Cream and Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Do you have that one food that you can just never turn down? Mashed potatoes are completely my weakness! I could eat them with just about every meal in just about any form. Really potatoes in general, french fries, mashed, smashed, or baked. I love them in each and every way. These Sour Cream and Ranch Mashed Potatoes are no exception, I can’t get enough! Seasoning them was also really easy! I just added a few extras to give them a whole new taste.
Mashed Potato Recipes:
- Cheesy Mashed Potato
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potato
- Loaded Mashed Potato
- The Best Garlic Red Mashed Potato
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potato
If you haven’t tried them yet you want to make sure you stop by and check out my recipes for The World’s BEST Mashed Potatoes. They are the best because they are of course loaded up with butter! They are more of my special occasion mashed potatoes then an everyday recipe. This recipe on the other hand has a lot less and can work for an everyday side. I used used a couple tablespoons of butter along with the ranch seasoning and sour cream to make them super creamy and full of flavor!
How to make Sour Cream and Ranch Mashed Potatoes:
- Peel and cut potatoes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and fall apart.
- Drain water and return potatoes back to pot.
- Mash potatoes then add butter, sour cream, milk, and seasoning.
- Continue to mash and mix until smooth and creamy.
If you love ranch as much as I do then these recipes are a must try!
Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops: This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. It’s so simple and has your entire dinner done for you. I love making this on on Sundays so everything is ready by the time I get home from church.
Baked BBQ Ranch Chicken Legs: These baked chicken legs taste like they came right off the grill. So much flavor and cooked to perfection.
Cheesy Ranch Chicken Enchiladas: You may have never thought about ranch enchiladas but this recipe is a must try. One of my kids favorites.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk (or more to taste)
- 1 oz ranch seasoning
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then place on medium heat until potatoes are tender and fall apart. Drain water and return potatoes back to pot.
Mash potatoes then add butter, sour cream, milk, and seasoning. continue to mash and mix until smooth and creamy.