Chicken, peppers, onions baked in the oven then topped with cheese. These Baked Chicken Fajitas make the perfect dinner recipe that the entire family will love.
Baked Chicken Fajitas
You probably know by know how much I love Mexican inspired food. It’s my all time favorite and my families favorite. Growing up my husband would have what they call make your own burrito night. His mom would make chicken, cook bell pepper and onions, and have all the fixings. Everyone grabbed a burrito shell and made their food. It’s still one of his favorites but tonight I wanted to do something a little different. I baked my chicken with the peppers and onions then topped it all with cheese. It tasted amazing! If you love fajitas as much as I do then make sure to check out all my other fajita recipes next.
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Fajita Soup
- Chicken Fajita Kabobs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Sliders
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Soup
How to make Baked Chicken Fajitas:
- Preheat oven.
- Prepare a casserole dish with no stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast.
- Place chicken, drained rotel, onion, and peppers into a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and lime juice and toss to coat.
- Add fajita seasoning and toss again to coat.
- Add all ingredients to your prepared casserole dish and bake.
- Top with cheese and back into the oven.
- Serve ad enjoy!
Should I drain the rotel?
For this recipe I drain my rotel very well. I didn’t want my tortilla to by soggy so draining well will help with that.
What can I serve with baked chicken fajitas:
Have leftover chicken? Try these recipes next:
Chicken Taco Soup: I love this soup recipe. It’s a favorite of mine and I think you will love it also.
Baked Ranch Chicken Tender: Chicken tenders are my kids favorite. I love making them homemade, they make the perfect family friendly dinner and my kids always eat the leftovers for lunch.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken: This recipe is one of my husbands favorites! He love teriyaki chicken and this one was so simple to make.
- 2 pounds chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 10 oz rotel tomatoes (drained well)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 large bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 oz fajita seasoning
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare a casserole dish with no stick cooking spray and set aside.
Cut chicken breast into smaller slices.
Place chicken, drained rotel, onion, and peppers into a large mixing bowl. Add oil and lime juice and toss to coat. Add fajita seasoning and toss again to coat.
Add all ingredients to your prepared casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Top with cheese and back into the oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve ad enjoy!
Optional: I topped mine with cilantro for garnish.