This simple Spaghetti Casserole is a family favorite. With creamy coated spaghetti baked with tomato sauce and shredded cheese. This dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Spaghetti is a classic! It’s a favorite with my kids, simple to make, and easy on the budget. I am taking the classic spaghetti to a new level with this spaghetti casserole. The noddles are coated with cream cheese and sour cream. Yep, you heard that right and you will love it. So creamy and delicious, this one is a favorite with my kids!
Once my pasta was coated I topped with with ground beef and tomato sauce and of course finished it all off with cheese. Everything is better with melted cheese. Once it’s baked dinner is ready!
How to make Spaghetti Casserole:
Step one: Start by preparing everything, preheat oven and then prepare a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
Step two: In a large skillet cook and crumble ground beef then add in diced onions and continue to cook. Next add in crushed tomatoes and all seasoning. Mix and then set it aside.
Step three: Next it’s time for the noodles. Go ahead and cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
Step four: To your cooked and drained spaghetti add whipped cream cheese and sour cream to spaghetti and toss to coat.
Step five: Add spaghetti to your casserole dish.
Step six: Top your spaghetti with your prepared sauce and ground beef.
Step seven: Last top with shredded cheese then bake.
Spaghetti is the perfect meal for a crowd and cheap dinner idea. I served this casserole to friends last week that came over for dinner and it was a hit. Here are a few more of my favorite spaghetti recipes.
Chicken Spaghetti: Creamy and delicious! This chicken spaghetti is loaded with chicken and then topped with cheese and baked.
Taco Spaghetti: Everything is better with tacos, even a spaghetti dinner. This recipe is a readers favorite and everyone loves it.
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti: This one is only 5 ingredient and my kids favorite. Its so simple to make and works perfectly as a side or dinner idea. We love serving grilled chicken on top.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet then add in diced onions and continue to cook. Add in crushed tomatoes and all seasoning. Mix together well and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Add whipped cream cheese and sour cream to spaghetti and toss to coat. Add spaghetti to your casserole dish.
- Top your spaghetti with your prepared sauce and ground beef. Last top with shredded cheese then bake for 15-20 until cheese melted and casserole is warm through out. Optional: Serve topped with fresh diced parsley.