This simple Spaghetti Casserole is a family favorite. With creamy coated spaghetti baked with tomato sauce and shredded cheese. This dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Spaghetti is a classic! It's a favorite with my kids, simple to make, and easy on the budget. I am taking the classic spaghetti to a new level with this spaghetti casserole.
The noodles are coated with cream cheese and sour cream. Yep, you heard that right and you will love it. So creamy and delicious, this one is a favorite with my kids!
How to make Spaghetti Casserole:
Start by making you sauce and cooking your noodles according to the box directions. Cook them al dente as they will cook more when the casserole goes in the oven. Mix your noodles together with the cream cheese and sour cream, making sure they are fully coated. Layer them in the casserole dish and then top with the meat sauce. Top with your shredded cheese and then bake.
- Ground Beef
- Onion (diced)
- Crushed Tomatoes (28oz can)
- Parsley Flakes
- Oregano (dried)
- Salt and Pepper
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
Step one: Start by preparing everything, preheat the oven and then prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step two: In a large skillet cook and crumble ground beef then add in diced onions and continue to cook. Next, add in crushed tomatoes and all seasoning. Mix and then set it aside.
Step three: Next it's time for the noodles. Go ahead and cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Cooking Tip: Cook the noodles to al dente as the noodles will cook more in the oven.
Step four: To your cooked and drained spaghetti add whipped cream cheese and sour cream to spaghetti and toss to coat.
Step five: Add spaghetti to your casserole dish.
Step six: Top your spaghetti with your prepared sauce and ground beef.
Step seven: Last top with shredded cheese then bake.
Why I love Spaghetti Casserole:
This is an awesome twist on a classic Spaghetti dish. It is still just as easy to make as regular spaghetti dinner, with just a couple added steps. Your family will love it, and the leftovers will give you lunch for a couple days!
How to store Spaghetti Casserole:
This dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days after making it. Transfer the leftovers into a covered container and store in the fridge.
You can also freeze this dish as well. Once baked allow it to fully cool, and transfer it to a freezer safe container and store for up to 3 months.
Spaghetti is the perfect meal for a crowd and cheap dinner idea. I served this casserole to friends last week that came over for dinner and it was a hit. Here are a few more of my favorite spaghetti recipes.
Chicken Spaghetti: Creamy and delicious! This chicken spaghetti is loaded with chicken and then topped with cheese and baked.
Taco Spaghetti: Everything is better with tacos, even a spaghetti dinner. This recipe is a reader's favorite and everyone loves it.
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti: This one is only 5 ingredient and my kid's favorite. It's so simple to make and works perfectly as a side or dinner idea. We love serving grilled chicken on top.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet then add in diced onions and continue to cook. Add in crushed tomatoes and all seasoning. Mix together well and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Add whipped cream cheese and sour cream to spaghetti and toss to coat. Add spaghetti to your casserole dish.
- Top your spaghetti with your prepared sauce and ground beef. Last top with shredded cheese then bake for 15-20 until cheese melted and casserole is warm throughout. Optional: Serve topped with fresh diced parsley.