Easy Tater Tot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is a family favorite recipe that even the kids will eat. Everything is done from start to finish in under an hour and ready to serve.
My classic Cheeseburger Casserole has been a favorite with my family for a while. I added this Tater Tot Bacon Cheeseburger Casseroleto the menu and everyone loved it. It's layered with tater tots and hamburger beef then topped with shredded cheese.
How to make Tater Tot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole:
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 350°F. Then go ahead and prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tip: I used a 3-quart dish for this recipe.
Step two: Now use a skillet to cook and crumble your ground beef. Then add onion and allow to cook for 7-8 minutes or until beef is fully cooked and oni0ns are tender. Once cooked drain the fat as needed.
Step three: Remove the cooked beef from heat and add in cooked and crumbled bacon, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Then season it with seasoning salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
Step four: Next lay half the tater tots in your prepared casserole dish. Then add cooked beef mixture on top of those tots. Then go ahead and add the remaining tater tots on top of your casserole. Finish it all off of topping your casserole with shredded cheese.
Step five: Bake for 40 minutes. Once it's fully cooked go ahead and remove the casserole from the oven, top with green onions, and serve.
Here are my other favorite cheeseburger inspired recipes.
- If you need a quick recipe the entire family will love to try these simple Easy Cheeseburger Sliders. I think they taste just like white castles burgers.
- Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese is a fun recipe to really take your mac and cheese game to a new level.
- This recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadilla is one of my favorites for busy nights and to use leftover chicken.
- One of my favorite soup recipes. This Cheeseburger Soup is so full of flavor.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Tater Tot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion (chopped )
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup (1 can )
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 32 oz frozen tater tots
- 1 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. (3-quart)
- In a skillet cook and crumble ground beef. Add onions and cook for 7-8 minutes until fully cooked. Drain fat as needed.
- Remove beef from heat and add in cooked and crumbled bacon, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Season with seasoning salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Lay half the tater tots in your prepared casserole dish then add cooked beef mixture on top. Add the remaining tater tots on top of your casserole. Top your casserole with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with green onions, and serve.