This Tater Tot Casserole is one of the best casseroles you will ever make. Hearty and cheesy this casserole is going to be a favorite for many dinners to come!
Casseroles are one of the best meals to make for a family. They are hearty, filling, and delicious! Kids to adults love casseroles. This Tater Tot Casserole is loaded with tots, ground beef and cheese! It is a creamy, cheesy casserole that has become one of my families' favorite dinners.
How to make Tater Tot Casserole:
Start by cooking and draining your ground beef. Add the seasoned beef to a large bowl and add in all other ingredients except the tater tots and cheddar cheese. Mix well so it is all blended together. Pour this mixture into a casserole dish and spread out covering the entire thing. Add a layer of cheddar cheese, then top the entire thing with the tater tots. Add more cheese on top then bake. Enjoy!
- Ground Beef - you can also use ground turkey
- Seasoning - I used onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Sour Cream
- Canned Corn - drained
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Tater Tots - frozen
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
Step One - Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step Two - Prepare a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat as needed.
Step Three - Season ground beef with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
Step Four - Place cooked and seasoned ground beef into prepared casserole dish (or into a heat safe bowl just to mix).
Add cream of chicken soup, condensed cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, and corn. Mix well with ground beef (if using a mixing bowl place all ingredients into the casserole dish now).
Step Five - Top beef mixture with 1 cup shredded cheese then layer on tater tots. Finish with the renaming cheese on top.
Step Six - Place in the oven to bake 35-40 minutes. Remove oven then serve and enjoy.
Yup, this recipe can be made ahead of time. You can make this up to 5 days ahead of time as it will last in the refrigerator for that long.
Prepare everything but instead of baking top your casserole with foil and place it in the refrigerated for up to two days. Remove from the fridge and remove foil and bake according to directions.
This recipe is perfect for freezing and serving later. Follow the steps until baking. Place all ingredients into a freezer-safe casserole dish and top it.
Cover with foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve just place in the fridge to thaw for 24 hours and then bake according to directions.
Try some of my other favorite casseroles:
Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole - This Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole is loaded with hashbrowns, hamburger, and cheese. It is the perfect breakfast or dinner casserole! It's so good you can eat it for any meal of the day!
Cheeseburger Casserole - This simple Cheeseburger Casserole is a classic dinner recipe that your family will be asking for again and again! Made in about 30 minutes, you'll never go for a "box" meal again!
Chicken and Rice Casserole - This simple Chicken and Rice Casserole only take a few ingredients and it bakes in 15 minutes or less. It's creamy and cheesy and a recipe that you are going to love. This is a great recipe to make and serve a large group of people or the next potluck you got to!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Tater Tot Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz condensed cheddar cheese soup
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 30 oz canned corn (2 cans drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 oz tater tots (frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat as needed.
- Season ground beef with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place cooked and season ground beef into prepared casserole dish (or into a heat safe bowl just to mix). Add cream of chicken soup, condensed cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, and corn. Mix well with ground beef (if using a mixing bowl place all ingredients into the casserole dish now)
- Top beef mixture with 1 cup shredded cheese then layer on tater tots. Finish with the renaming cheese on top.
- Place in the oven to bake 35-40 minutes. Remove oven then serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply