This Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole is loaded with hashbrowns, hamburger, and cheese. It is the perfect breakfast or dinner casserole! It's so good you can eat it for any meal of the day!
This Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole my newest creation and it is sooo good! This is a perfect casserole for dinner, but you can also eat it for breakfast too!
I love that it is a pretty versatile meal that can be enjoyed any meal of the day!
How to make Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole:
Start by cooking your ground beef and onions. Season with the salt and pepper. When that is done prepare your hash browns by mixing them with all the other ingredients.
Add the ground beef to the hashbrown mixture and then put it all into your casserole dish.
Spread it out evenly and top with more shredded cheese. Bake and enjoy!
- Ground Beef
- Chopped Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes - I used diced for this recipe but shredded would work as well.
- Sour Cream
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Step One - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13" casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step Two - In a skillet cook and crumble ground beef over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
Step Three - Drain fat as needed then season ground beef with salt and pepper to taste.
Step Four - In a large mixing bowl place frozen hash browns, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, and 1 ¾ cups of shredded cheese.
Mix until combined then add in ground beef mixture and mix again until combined.
Step Five - Scoop mixed ingredients into the prepared casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Step Six - Bake for 40-45 minutes or until casserole is warm throughout.
Yup, this recipe can be made ahead of time. You can make this up to 5 days ahead of time as it will last in the refrigerator for that long.
Prepare everything but instead of baking top your casserole with foil and place it in the refrigerated for up to two days. Remove from the fridge and remove foil and bake according to directions.
This recipe is perfect for freezing and serving later. Follow the steps until baking. Place all ingredients into a freezer-safe casserole dish and top it.
Cover with foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve just place in the fridge to thaw for 24 hours and then bake according to directions.
What should I serve with this casserole?
Baked Garlic Green Beans - Crispy and delicious and one of the best ways to make green beans. These Baked Garlic Green Beans are simple to make and gives a new taste to your favorite vegetable.
Broccoli Salad - The best Broccoli Salad! Broccoli, carrots, raisins and even bacon tossed in a simple homemade dressing.
Cream Corn - This Cream Corn is a classic side dish recipe. Just like my grandma would make, it's perfectly creamy and tastes amazing.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Hamburger Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 24 oz Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 10.5 pz Cream of Chicken Soup ( 1 can)
- ½ cup Butter (melted)
- 2 ½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13" casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet cook and crumble ground beef over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Drain fat as needed then season ground beef with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl place frozen hash brown, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, and 1 ¾ cups of shredded cheese. Mix until combined then add in ground beef mixture and mix again until combined.
- Scoop mixed ingredients into the prepared casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until casserole is warm throughout.