There is something about sloppy joes that bring back so many memories and right back to my mom's kitchen. This Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole is the same classic flavor but topped with tater tots!
You probably know by now how much I love sloppy joes. It was my favorite growing up and still ranks high of favorite foods.
Something about childhood food brings back warm and cozy memories and takes me back to my mom's kitchen. I usually top my Sloppy Joe Casserole with cornbread but this time around I added tater tots and it was glorious!
So I told you how much I love sloppy joes and now I'll prove it. When you are done here do a quick search for sloppy joes here on my site, I have SO MANY wonderful ways to make them!
Here are a few more I love.
Sloppy Joe Recipes:
Homemade Sloppy Joe:
Of course, you can dump a can of sloppy joes on the bottom of the casserole but trust me on this one. Making them homemade is so simple and you only need a few ingredients:
- Ground beef or ground turkey
- Chopped Onion
- Tomato Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Seasoning Salt
How to make Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole:
Step one: Start by preheating your oven and prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step two: Cook and crumble ground beef with diced onion in a large skillet.
Step three: To your beef add seasoning salt, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Next, add this to the bottom of your casserole dish.
Step four: Place tater tots on top of the beef in the casserole dish. I placed mine one by one to be in nice rows. Top with shredded cheese.
Step five: Bake until tater tots are fully cooked.
Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 pounds frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet cook ground beef and diced onion on medium heat. Add seasoning salt to ground beef. Cook ground beef until fully brown. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Add this to the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Place tater tots on top of the beef in the casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tater tots are fully cooked.
My family loved it, thank you!
So happy to hear that Kristna!