This 5 Layer Dip is a cold Mexican dip that is made with layers of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and cheese. I top it with sliced olives, tomatoes and green onions. Serve it with tortilla chips!
This is one of the best party dips you can make. A Classic Mexican inspired dip, this 5 Layer Dip is super easy to make.
This is great served at parties or gatherings.
It is best served with tortilla chips, but you can also dip in some Fritos Corn chips if you like!
How to make 5 Layer Dip:
You want to build this dip in your serving dish. I used a 8x6 glass casserole dish. Start by building your layers with the heavier items at the bottom.
Use the refried beans as the base. Then layer your guacamole on that, with the sour cream mixture on top of the guacamole.
Then layer your cheese and on top of the cheese your olives, tomatoes and green onions.
Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Refried Beans
- Guacamole - make your own or buy your favorite from the store
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Cheese - I used shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Black Olives
- Diced Green Onion
Step One - Spread refrained beans onto a casserole dish. Next add guacamole and spread evenly on top of beans.
Step Two - To your sour cream add taco seasoning and salsa. Mix to combine then spread on top on guacamole.
Step Three - Sprinkle on shredded cheese to the top of your sour cream.
Step Four - Last add your diced tomatoes, black olives, and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
Tips for a good 5 Layer Dip:
- Make everything cold and keep it cold. The ingredients in this dip are all great but can all blend together really easily and become runny. To prevent excess liquid from building up make this with cold ingredients and then refrigerate once done until you are ready to serve.
- Spread everything evenly. As obvious as this sounds, for the perfect dip, you want to make sure every bite has all the layers.
What else can I put in a 5 Layer Dip:
This dip is a classic Tex-Mex dip. You can change it up all you want! Some people get wild and make a 7 Layer Dip!
Add a layer of salsa instead of mixing it in with the sour cream. Add a layer of lettuce. Add some jalapenos to spice it up!
Add some taco meat if you would like, just make sure it has cooled down.
Try some of my other favorite dips:
Pimento Cheese Dip - This Pimento Cheese Dip is a great dip to serve with all the playoff football games going on right now! Serve it at any party or gathering you have, and everyone will love it!
Dill Dip - This creamy Dill Dip is super easy and quick to make. It's perfect for dipping with vegetables, crackers, chips or bread.
Cheesy Spinach Dip - Need a super easy dip recipe that's ready in minutes! Look for further, this Cheesy Spinach Dip is simple to make and taste amazing! Perfect for your next party or family game night!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
5 Layer Dip
- 16 oz refried beans (1 can)
- 16 oz guacamole
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced black olives
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- Spread refrained beans onto a casserole dish. Next add guacamole and spread evenly on top of beans.
- To your sour cream add taco seasoning and salsa. Mix to combine then spread on top on guacamole.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese to the top of your sour cream.
- Last add your diced tomatoes, black olives, and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.