This Air Fryer BBQ Chicken recipe is super easy to make, and it is cooked perfectly in the air fryer. Slather it in your favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy!
You all know that I love my air fryer. I have been making dinners and side dishes in my air fryer almost 3 or 4 times a week right now. These Air Fryer BBQ Chicken breasts are perfectly cooked and juicy. They go great with some Air Fryer Vegetables and Air Fryer Red Potatoes! Yup, that's right, use your air fryer for the full meal!
How to make Air Fryer BBQ Chicken:
Start by preparing your chicken breasts by slicing them thinner. You can also pound them to be thinner if you need to. The thinner chicken allows it cook evenly throughout. Season the chicken and cook in the air fryer. With 2 minutes remaining brush the chicken with your BBQ Sauce and then allow it to finish cooking. Allow the chicken to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Chicken Breast - thinly sliced or pounded.
- Garlic Powder
- Cooking Spray - oil based.
- BBQ Sauce
- Cooking Tip - To preheat an air fryer, turn the air fryer on for about 5 minutes before putting the chicken in it.
FAQ and Tips:
How much chicken breast are in one pound? Usually, you find that 4 chicken breasts equal 1 pound. Depending on the size of your chicken this could vary.
How many chicken breasts can cook at a time in the air fryer? This will depend on the size of your air fryer basket. I have a smaller air fryer and could fit 2 at a time. Just make sure you don't overcrowd your basket
Cooking Time: Cooking time can vary depending on the size of your chicken breast. Chicken is cooked when it reaches a temperature of 165° F.
What should I serve with Air Fryer BBQ Chicken?
I did recommend some other Air Fryer recipes that make great sides with this chicken, but if you don't want to use the air fryer for the full meal try some of these!
Roasted Vegetables - These deliciously seasoned Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish. Take your favorite vegetables, season them, and make the easiest Roasted Vegetables you've ever had. They are the best way to make Roasted Vegetables!
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes - Ready to try my favorite side dish made in your slow cooker! These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are super easy to make and taste great, plus no boiling beforehand.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes - Mashed potatoes are my favorite side dish. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes have the perfect sweet taste with maple and cinnamon mixed in. Perfect for any time of year, not just Thanksgiving!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast (thinly sliced or pounded)
- 1 ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- cooking spray (oil based)
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Spray chicken with oil-based cooking spray then season with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then massage seasoning into chicken.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and place seasoned chicken breast inside. Cook for 20 minutes making sure to stop halfway through to flip chicken.
- Check the temperature of your chicken to ensure it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Add 5-10 more minutes to cooking if needed to make sure chicken is cooked through.
- Brush chicken breast with BBQ sauce and then return to the air fryer to cook for 2 minutes. Remove chicken from the basket and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.