Pasta salad is a must for summer recipes. We love serving this simple BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad during summer time cookouts and it always gets great reviews from our guest.
Summer time is almost here and we plan to spend a lot of time outside. We just moved into our new house last week and I can't wait to get the grill fired up for our first cookout. This BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad will be made a lot this summer and eaten out on our back porch.
How to make BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad:
Step one: Start by cooking the pasta according to package directions. Once it is cooked drain and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Tip: For this recipe I used rotini pasta but you could also use bowtie or penne.
Step two: Then drain the corn and pour in with the cooked pasta. Next add in cooked chicken, cooked bacon, cherry tomatoes, and green onions and toss to mix.
Step three: In a separate mixing bowl mix mayonnaise and bbq sauce. Add this to your pasta and gently mix to coat. Optional: season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step four: Allow to chill for 1 hour before serving.
Once chilled here are a few of my favorite recipes to grill and serve with this pasta salad.
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken: This recipe is my favorite. I love buffalo sauce and this is my favorite way to have grilled chicken.
- Grilled Asparagus: This is one my favorite way to make asparagus. It taste amazing and it's so simple to make.
- Grilled Parmesan Corn on the Cob: Corn on the cob is a classic summertime recipe.
- Grilled BBQ Chicken: BBQ chicken is the best during the summer on the grill. This recipe is a must.
Pasta Salad Recipes:
Here are a few more of my favorite pasta salad recipes for your backyard BBQs!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
- 10 oz pasta (I used rotini)
- 15.25 oz canned corn (drained)
- 2 cups chicken (cooked and shredded)
- ½ cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ¼ cup green onions
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked drain and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain corn and pour in with cooked pasta. Then add in cooked chicken, cooked bacon, cherry tomatoes, and green onions. Toss to mix.
- In a seperate mixing bowl mix mayonnaise and bbq sauce. Add this to your pasta and gently mix to coat. Optional: season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to chill for 1 hour before serving.
- For this recipe I used rotini pasta but you could also use bowtie or penne.