I love spicy food and this bold Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese hit the spot! You will love this new way to do a classic recipe!
Buffalo anything is my favorite. I could add it to just about anything and have been totally guilty of putting it on just about anything I eat. This Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is perfect for all you spicy food lovers.
Take a classic comfort food and put it together with everyone's favorite Super Bowl meal you have a winner! Buffalo Wings and Mac and Cheese together? This recipe takes the best of both of those foods, and puts it together for the best creamy, cheesy and spicy dinner.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese:
This recipe is pretty easy to make. Make your mac and cheese. Make Homemade Buffalo Sauce and shred up a rotisserie chicken. Mix them all together well, then add to a casserole dish. Make your Ritz Cracker topping and then bake.
- Macaroni Noodles
- Velveeta Cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Hot Sauce - use any brand you like.
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded.
- Pepper Jack Cheese - shredded.
- Half and Half
- Rotisserie Chicken - shredded.
- Ritz Crackers - crushed.
- Unsalted butter - melted.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
Step one: Get started by cooking your pasta according to package directions. Once cooked you can drain and then return to pot.
- Cooking Tip: Follow the box instructions, but you want them to be al dente, as the noodles will cook more once it goes in the oven.
Step two: Next add Velveeta cheese that has been cubed to the cooked pasta and allow it to melt over medium heat string often.
Step three: Now in a separate saucepan melt butter and hot sauce. Once melted together well, add this to pasta and mix together well.
- Tip: Making this Buffalo sauce homemade is so simple and tastes amazing. But if you have a Buffalo sauce you like you can use that instead of the butter in hot sauce.
Step four: Add in your shredded cheddar and shredded pepper jack cheese along with your half and half. Mix while cooking over medium to low heat until it's all creamy. Once cheese is melted add in your rotisserie chicken and mix in well.
Step five: Now that you are ready to bake preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Once ready add the noodles to the baking dish.
Step six: To make your topping, melt the butter and add in crushed Ritz crackers and blue cheese. Add this to the top of your mac and cheese.
Step seven: Lastly, bake for 20-25 minutes until casserole is warm throughout.
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
This is a great recipe to make for a party or gathering or to bring to a friend's house. You can make this mac and cheese ahead of time. It will last up to 5 days covered in the refrigerator, and up to 3 months in the freezer. If you are going to make it ahead of time, don't make the topping until you are ready to serve it. Make the topping and then bake in the over to warm it all up.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ cup half and half
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Cook pasta according to package directions then drain and then return to pot.
- Add Velveeta cheese to cooked pasta and allow to melt over medium heat string often.
- In a separate sauce pan melt butter and and hot sauce. Once melted together well add this to pasta and mix together well.
- To your noodle add shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese along with your half and half. Mix while cooking over medium/low heat until creamy. Once cheese is melted add in your rotisserie chicken and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add noodles to the baking dish.
- To make your topping melter the butter and add in crushed Ritz crackers and blue cheese. Add this to the top of your mac and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cassrole is warm throughout.