This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect appetizer for any gathering or party you are hosting or going to. Loaded with chicken, cheese, and spicy Buffalo sauce, this dip is amazing!
You all also should know; my favorite kitchen tool is my slow cooker. Well, I just had to make my favorite dip in my slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is awesome, and the perfect party appetizer.
How to make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip:
This recipe is super easy to make. Just like almost all my slow cooker recipes, you dump your ingredients in the slow cooker, and then let it work its magic.
The slow cooker will cook everything evenly and perfectly for the best dip.
- Cream Cheese (cubed)
- Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Chicken (cooked and shredded) - Use my All-Purpose Chicken recipe for this.
- Sour Cream
Step One - Add cubed cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese, and cooked and shredded chicken to you slow cooker.
- Cooking Tip - I say in the directions to add the Buffalo Sauce to taste. With Buffalo Sauce being a very strong sauce, flavor this dip as you see fit. I used about half a cup.
Step Two - Mix ingredients together well then place the lid onto your slow cooker.
Step Three - Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours. Stirring every 30-40 minutes.
Step Four - Once cooked add in sour cream and stir. Serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks.
Optional Step: I topped mine with diced parsley for garnish
For this recipe, you can use a precooked canned chicken or cook your own chicken breast and shredded it.
If you know you will be making this, I suggest making my slow cooker all-purpose chicken.
You can make several breasts and use some for this and some for another recipe.
It saves me so much time to make it ahead of time when I know I will be making this or other recipes that call for pre-cooked chicken.
What Buffalo Sauce should I use?
I am a HUGE fan of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. I love using that brand, but you can use whichever is your personal favorite as well! My personal opinion though is Frank's is one of the best Buffalo Sauces available.
You can also make your own Homemade Buffalo Sauce. I use this recipe all the time if I don't have any Buffalo Sauce on hand!
What do you serve with your Buffalo Chicken Dip?
There are two things I always have ready with this dip. It's celery sticks and tortilla chips. Just like your favorite Buffalo Wing place gives you celery to eat with the wings, you need to dip some celery in here! Carrot sticks work great too!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½-1 cup buffalo sauce (add to taste)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Add cubed cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese, and cooked and shredded chicken to you slow cooker.
- Mix ingredients together well then place the lid onto your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours. Stirring every 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked add in sour cream and stir. Serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks.