Pinwheels are the perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or even a quick lunch. These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a favorite of mine. They taste amazing and are so simple to make.
Easy Appetizer Recipe:
Buffalo chicken is my all-time favorite. I love food with a kick, and I could drink buffalo sauce!
These pinwheels are so simple to make and the perfect party food. Just slice and serve!
For this recipe, you will need cooked and shredded chicken. You can use canned chicken or make your own and use my recipe for all-purpose slow cooker chicken.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels:
These pinwheels are also known as Buffalo Chicken Rollups. You need already cooked and shredded chicken for this recipe. You can use my All-Purpose Chicken Recipe for that or use canned chicken or a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Mix your cream cheese, ranch dressing and buffalo sauce in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
Add in the chicken, cheese and green onions next and mix until it all is blended together.
Spoon the Buffalo Chicken Mixture onto your tortilla wraps and then roll them up.
Wrap in plastic wrap and then place them in the refrigerator to chill for a couple of hours before serving.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Ingredients:
- Cooked and Shredded Chicken: As I mentioned above you can use canned chicken or precook your own.
- Tortillas: I used a large size flour tortilla.
- Cream cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is soft.
- Ranch dressing: I use a buttermilk ranch. Any brand will work. You could also use blue cheese dressing.
- Buffalo sauce: I used the Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce but your favorite brand.
- Green onions
- Cheddar cheese: I used a shredded sharp cheddar for this recipe. You could always use a blue cheese crumble.
Step one: Using a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer to cream your cream cheese with your ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
Step two: Add in green onions, shredded cheese, and chicken and mix until well combined.
Spread this onto each flour tortilla and roll to seal.
Step three: Wrap each rolled flour tortilla in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
Once chilled remove the plastic wrap and slice into pinwheels.
- Tip: Don't skip chilling! Otherwise, your pinwheels will open and fall apart.
What Buffalo Sauce should I use?
There are tons of different brands, flavors, and levels of heat in Buffalo Sauce out there.
Some of my favorites are Sweet Baby Rays or Frank's Buffalo Sauce. You can use your favorite brand.
If you want to you can go ahead and use a homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe as well. Try mine!
Tips and Tricks for Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels:
- Make sure you have time - Because you are mixing cream cheese with ranch dressing and buffalo sauce you have to have enough time to refrigerate the rolls to allow everything to set. If you slice your pinwheels without chilling them, they will fall apart.
- Have some dips ready - Dipping these in additional Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing is really tasty as well!
- Substitute Blue Cheese Crumbles - Instead of Cheddar Cheese, try substituting some Blue Cheese Crumbles in this recipe. That classic Blue Cheese sharpness with these pinwheels make this a very nice change to this recipe.
- Easy to make - As I've already stated, these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are super easy and simple to make. If you need to make a lot it is also easy to double this batch and make even more pinwheels if you are having a large party.
The best party appetizer:
I love pinwheels. When I have a ladies' night or any other party or gathering pinwheels make a great handheld finger food.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Plastic Wrap
- 12 oz cooked and shredded chicken
- 5-6 flour tortillas (depending on how full you want each one)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup green onions (diced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Using a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer to cream your cream cheese with your ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
- Add in green onions, shredded cheese, and chicken and mix until well combined. Spread this onto each flour tortilla and roll to seal.
- Wrap each rolled flour tortilla in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours. Once chilled remove the plastic wrap and slice into pinwheels.