Pinwheels are the perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or even a quick lunch. These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a favorite of mine. They taste amazing and are so simple to make.
Serve these at your next party along with my favorite Bacon Cheeseburger Dip or even this simple Chili Cheese Dip.
Easy Appetizer Recipe:
Buffalo chicken is my all time favorite. I love food with a kick and I could drink buffalo sauce! These pinwheels are so simple to make and the perfect party food. Just slice and serve!
For this recipe, you will need cooked and shredded chicken. You can use canned chicken or make your own and use my recipe for all-purpose slow cooker chicken.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Ingredients:
- Cooked and Shredded Chicken: As I mentioned above you can use canned chicken or precook your own.
- Tortillas: I used a large size flour tortilla.
- Cream cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is soft.
- Ranch dressing: I use a buttermilk ranch. Any brand will work. You could also use blue cheese dressing.
- Buffalo sauce: I used the Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce but your favorite brand
- Green onions
- Cheddar cheese: I used a shredded sharp cheddar for this recipe. You could always use a blue cheese crumble.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels:
Step one: Using a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer to cream your cream cheese with your ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
Step two: Add in green onions, shredded cheese, and chicken and mix until well combined. Spread this onto each flour tortilla and roll to seal.
Step three: Wrap each rolled flour tortilla in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours. Once chilled remove the plastic wrap and slice into pinwheels.
- Tip: Don't skip chilling! Otherwise, your pinwheels will open and fall apart.
What Buffalo Sauce should I use?
There are tons of different brands, flavors, and levels of heat in Buffalo Sauce out there. Some of my favorites are Sweet Baby Rays or Frank's Buffalo Sauce. You can use your favorite brand.
If you want to you can go ahead and use a homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe as well. Try mine!
Tips and Tricks for Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels:
- Make sure you have time - Because you are mixing cream cheese with ranch dressing and buffalo sauce you have to have enough time to refrigerate the rolls to allow everything to set. If you slice your pinwheels without chilling them they will fall apart.
- Have some dips ready - Dipping these in additional Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing is really tasty as well!
- Substitute Blue Cheese Crumbles - Instead of Cheddar Cheese, try substituting some Blue Cheese Crumbles in this recipe. That classic Blue Cheese sharpness with these pinwheels make this a very nice change to this recipe.
- Easy to make - As I've already stated, these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are super easy and simple to make. If you need to make a lot it is also easy to double this batch and make even more pinwheels if you are having a large party.
The best party appetizer:
I love pinwheels. When I have a ladies night or any other party or gathering pinwheels make a great handheld finger food.
They are easy to make and really easy to eat. Make sure to try some of my other pinwheel recipes like my Bacon Ranch Pinwheels or my Italian Pinwheels.
Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
Here are a few more of my favorite buffalo chicken recipe.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Plastic Wrap
- 12 oz cooked and shredded chicken
- 7 flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup green onions (diced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Using a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer to cream your cream cheese with your ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
- Add in green onions, shredded cheese, and chicken and mix until well combined. Spread this onto each flour tortilla and roll to seal.
- Wrap each rolled flour tortilla in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours. Once chilled remove the plastic wrap and slice into pinwheels.
Leave a Reply