This Edible Cake Batter is a sweet treat or dessert you will love by the spoonful. Loaded with white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Perfectly safe to eat as there are no raw eggs and the flour is safe to eat as well!
I have been on an edible dough kick lately! I've made Edible Brownie Batter Dip and Edible Funfetti Cake Dip in the last couple weeks.
Well, this week I made Edible Cake Batter! Yup, not a dip this time, just an enjoyable and delicious dessert. Eat it with a spoon or your fingers!
How to make Edible Cake Batter:
Mix together the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Once mixed add in the flour and half and half.
Mix those together well and then fold in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Unsalted Butter - softened to room temperature.
- Granulated Sugar - this is just your standard table sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour - that has been heat treated. You can find more about that below.
- Half and Half - I buy this premixed at the store but you can use equal parts milk and cream.
- White Chocolate Chips
Step One - Place flour in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds to ensure even cooking.
Cooking for 1-2 minutes until flour has reached a safe temperature.
Step Two - To a mixing bowl add softened butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Use an electric mixer to beats until smooth and creamy.
Step Three - Add flour and half and half and combined.
Step Four - Fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. Eat by the spoonful or spread on crackers or fruit.
How to store the Edible Cake Batter:
Edible Cake Batter is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
It will last about 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
How to "heat treat" flour:
Raw Flour or food containing raw flour is not safe to eat without being Heat Treated.
Heat Treating flour will kill any potential bacteria that may be present from when the flour was made.
You can heat treat two ways:
- Using the oven - Spread the flour or brownie mix out on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Be careful not to burn the mix.
- In the microwave - The quickest way to heat treat flour would be to microwave it in a bowl for about 45 seconds.
Try some of my other favorite desserts:
Oreo Pie - This simple to make No-Bake Oreo Pie is the perfect quick dessert. Made with only 3 ingredients this dessert is light and creamy anf made with everyone's favorite cookie! Everyone will be amazed this dessert didn't take you hours to make.
Scotcheroos - Scotcheroos is a classic dessert that everyone will love. Peanut Butter infused Rice Krispies topped with a chocolate/butterscotch layer that is to die for!
Dutch Apple Pie - This Dutch Apple Pie is one of my all time favorites. Something about warm apples, brown sugar, and whipped cream that make the perfect combination.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Edible Cake Batter
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (toasted)
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Place flour in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds to ensure even cooking. Cooking for 1-2 minutes until flour has reached a safe temperature.
- To a mixing bowl add softened butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Use an electric mixer to beats until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and half and half and combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. Eat by the spoonful or spread on crackers or fruit.
Leave a Reply