I didn't think I could like pumpkin bread anymore until I topped it with maple icing. You MUST try this Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing.
Happy October! The fall season is in full swing and I am stuffing my face with anything that has the world pumpkin in the title. The leaves, the pumpkins, and the cold weather, it's all here!
I even got to wear a sweater this Sunday to church and not feel totally crazy. It was so nice and chilly, well that is until the afternoon when we left church and it was nearly 90 degrees.
No matter how warm it may be here in the south though I will wear my sweaters and I will eat my pumpkin!
This Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing is the perfect fall treat. The glaze is really simple but you just want to add the ingredients in slowly.
Adding more milk as needed to make it thinner and more powdered sugar if you want it thicker. Whatever your little heart desires =)
How ot make Pumpkin Bread:
- Tip: Remove half way to cover with foil or move to a lower rack so the top of your bread does not burn. Bread is fully cooked when you can place a butter knife inside and it comes out clean.
How to make Maple Icing:
I love a good pumpkin recipe! Here are even more of my pumpkin recipes that I think you will love.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing
- 1 ⅓ cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 2 ½ tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 ½ cup Canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 1 ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Milk (adding slowing until you get the consistently you want)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a bread pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, milk, and pumpkin puree. Slowly whisk in dry ingredients in with the wet.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Whisk all ingredients together. Add milk and sugar as needed to get the texture you would like. Add icing to the top of the bread.
- Remove half way to cover with foil or move to a lower rack so the top of your bread does not burn. Bread is fully cooked when you can place a butter knife inside and it comes out clean.
- Add icing to the top of the bread once it's removed from the oven and has cooled.
What is pumpkin Spice?? We don't have that in our stores.
Hi Cheryl. Pumpkin spice is just a spice blend. Is's commonly sold in America so if you are not able to get it at the store you can actually make your own using cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and all spice. Here is a recipe if you wnat to give it a try, https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20476/pumpkin-spice/
I've never tried making pumpkin bread before, so I must say I'm dying to try it out. Thank you for sharing the details!
I hope you enjoy it Kelly!