The easiest side dish or a perfect lunch. No work for you because these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are wrapped up in seasonings and in the slow cooker for hours. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
I love a good slow cooker recipe. It makes mealtime so easy when something else is doing all the work.
You may know this about me already but I love a good potato recipe and if I'm not serving mashed potatoes then these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are on the menu.
How to make Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes:
I wrapped these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes in foil with oil and seasonings. They cooked for a few hours and are so tender and full of flavor. Add your favorite toppings and then it's time to enjoy.
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Foil (large pieces to warp each potato
- Optional toppings: Bacon, Sour Cream, Butter, Green Onions, and Shredded Cheese
Should I wrap my potatoes in foil?
So I do wrap my potatoes in foil when baking them in the slow cooker. This will prevent the skin from burning in the slow cooker.
The wrapped potatoes will have some moisture in them due to being wrapped in the tin foil, but that is ok.
How to serve these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes?
I like to serve these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes in different ways. First for an easy lunch. When I have friends over for lunch (or light dinner) these are my favorite.
I place them in the slow cooker in the morning and by lunch they are ready.
I also love tossing them in the slow cooker for a good side during dinner. I love making broccoli and baked chicken with them. We love added the broccoli right to the potato and then topping it with cheese.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 pieces foil (large enough for your potato)
- Optional toppings: bacon sour cream, butter, green onions, shredded cheese.
- Rub 1 tbsp of olive oil onto each potato and place each on a separate piece of foil
- In a small bowl add seasoning salt, garlic powder, and salt. Combine spices and then add a pinch or two to each potato. Wrap potato in foil and seal.
- Place all potatoes in the slow cooker and cook for on low or 6-7 or on high for 4-5 hours(time will vary depending on the size of your potato).
- Remove carefully (I used tongs) from slow cooker and slowly unwrap from foil. Cut open and top with your favorite baked potato toppings.