The easiest side dish or a perfect lunch. No work for you because these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are wrapped up in seasonings and the slow cooker for hours. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
I love a good slow cooker recipe. It makes meal time so easy when something else is doing all the work. I wrapped these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes in foil with oil and seasonings. They cooked for a few hours and are so tender and full of flavor. Add your favorite toppings and then it’s time to enjoy. You may know this about me already but I love a good potato recipe and if I’m not serving mashed potatoes then these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are in the menu.
How to make Baked Potatoes in the Slow Cooker:
- Start by getting your potatoes seasoned.
- Rub olive oil onto each potato and place each on a separate piece of foil.
- Add seasoning salt, garlic powder, and salt to a small bowl.
- Combine spices and then add a pinch or two to each potato.
- Wrap potato in foil and seal.
- Place all potatoes in the slow cooker and cook until potatoes are tender and cooked through
How to serve these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes?
I like to serve these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes in different ways. First for an easy lunch. When I have friends over for lunch (or light dinner) these are my favorite. I place them in the slow cooker in the morning and by lunch they are ready. I serve them with a salad or even a soup. I love serving these with my taco soup or turkey chili. This way you can pour the soup all over the potato! I also love tossing them in the slow cooker for a good side during dinner. I love making broccoli and baked chicken with them. We love added the broccoli right to the potato and then topping it with cheese.
Wanna try even more slow cooker side dishes?
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Casserole: This recipe is my all time favorite. You have to try it out. It’s a favorite with my readers also.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn: We love creamed corn and this version is one of my favorites.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes: If you love slow cooker side dish then you have to try this one! No prepping at all, it’s all made in the slow cooker.
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 pieces foil (large enough for your potato)
- Optional toppings: bacon sour cream, butter, green onions, shredded cheese.
- Rub 1 tbsp of olive oil onto each potato and place each on a separate piece of foil
- In a small bowl add seasoning salt, garlic powder, and salt. Combine spices and then add a pinch or two to each potato. Wrap potato in foil and seal.
- Place all potatoes in the slow cooker and cook for on low or 6-7 or on high for 4-5 hours(time will vary depending on the size of your potato).
- Remove carefully (I used tongs) from slow cooker and slowly unwrap from foil. Cut open and top with your favorite baked potato toppings.