This recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs is loved by the entire family. My kids even asked for seconds!
BBQ is a favorite with my family. It's one on my menu several times a week and makes the perfect easy weeknight dinner. These Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs are so simple to make.
Step one: Get started by brush chicken thighs with oil and place in the slow cooker.
Step two: Now it's time to season. I seasn my chicken with salt, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and pepper. You can use more or less of each season to your taste.
Step three: Cook your chicken low for 3 ½ hours.
- Tip: The chicken will release enough liquid during cooking so you do not have to add any to your slow cooker.
What should the internal temperature be for chicken thighs
When checking on your chicken it should have an internal temp of 165F to be considered safe to eat.
FAQ and Tips
Is it better to cook chicken on high or low? Cooking on low will always help keep your chicken moist and tender. Cooking on high can cause your chicken to overcook and become dry.
What kind of bbq sauce should I use? For this recipe, you can use any BBQ your family enjoys. We love using Sweet Baby Rays.
Can I bake this in the oven? Yes, these chicken thighs can also be baked in the oven. I have a recipe for it and you can find all the directions here, Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 3 pounds chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- Brush chicken thighs with oil and place in the slow cooker.
- Season with salt, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 3 ½ hours.
- Drain liquid if needed from slow cooker. Brush chicken with bbq sauce and cook for an additional 30 minutes then serve.