Simple and easy dinner recipes are my favorite. This BBQ Pulled Pork Baked Potato is easy to make and one of my families favorite. We topped our potatoes with pulled pork and shredded cheese. Once baked I topped it with sour cream and diced green onions.
Simple Dinner Recipe:
During the summer I love finding simple recipes to make. This simple BBQ Pulled Pork Baked Potato is one of my favorites. I love making a huge pork roast and then using it for different meals. Season it for tacos or use it on the top on a baked potato.
How to make BBQ Pulled Pork Baked Potato:
Step one: You want to start by preparing your baked potatoes. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then wash potatoes and poke holes in several different places.
Step two: Next season your potatoes. Rub each potato in oil and then season with salt and pepper. Wrap each potato in foil and place on a baking sheet.
Step three: Bake for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Tip: The size of your potato will change the cooking time. I used large russet potatoes and they took about an hour to bake.
Step four: While your potatoes are cooking mix cooked and shredded pork with BBQ sauce. Use YOUR favorite BBQ sauce, whatever your heart desires.
Step five: When potatoes are ready to remove them from the oven and cut lengthwise in the center leaving the edges intact. Fill each potato with shredded cheese, shredded pork, sour cream, and green onions.
- Tip: Your cheese will melt under the hot pulled pork, no need to bake it again once added to your warm potato.
Pulled Pork Recipe:
This recipe calls for cooked and shredded pork. If you need a recipe for pulled pork try out my recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders. Prepare your pork in the slow cooker and instead of using sliders add this to your baked potatoes. Then you could use the leftovers for sliders!
We love a simple pork recipe. Here are a few more of my favorites that I think you will love.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
BBQ Pulled Pork Baked Potato
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pound pork (cooked and shredded)
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup green onions (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes and poke holes in several different places.
- Rub each potato in oil and then season with salt and pepper. Wrap each potato in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix cooked and shredded pork with BBQ sauce. Add more or less as desired.
- When potatoes are ready remove them from the oven and cut lengthwise in the center leaving the edges intact. Fill each potato with shredded cheese, shredded pork, sour cream, and green onions.