These Chicken Fajita Rollups are a favorite with my family. They are so simple to make and full of flavor. If you want other cooking methods then try my slow cooker chicken fajitas or you can even toss them on the grill with chicken fajita kabobs.
I love this recipe. It’s so simple to make and one that my entire family loves to eat. These Chicken Fajita Rollups are made with just a few simple ingredients and rolls with bell peppers and cheese. Make it a meal and serve with some of my favorite side dishes.
- Baked Garlic Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
- Easy Corn Salsa
- Roasted Ranch Carrots
- Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Homemade Salsa
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Chicken Fajita Rollup Ingredients:
This recipe is so simple to make and one of my all-time favorites. It only takes a few ingredients and some time in the oven.
- Thinly sliced chicken breast – For this recipe, I use a thin slice of chicken so it is easy to roll. If you don’t have a chicken breast that is thinly sliced then I would place your chicken in a baggy and seal with no air inside. Use a rolling pin to smash your chicken to flatten it out. This will help you roll your chicken and help it to bake faster.
- Fajita seasoning – Any Mexican flavor seasoning will work for this recipe. I have made it several times with fajita or taco seasoning and love both ways.
- Limes – You will be using the juice and zest for this recipe.
- Bell peppers – Slice your bell peppers into thin strips so they can easily be placed in your chicken.
- Cheddar jack cheese – Any shredded cheese that you would serve on tacos or fajitas will work for this recipe.
Making Chicken Fajita Rollup:
Step one: Start by prepping your casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and then preheating your oven.
Step two: Next season your chicken. To make sure all my chicken gets seasoned I place my chicken into a large plastic bag then add in my fajita seasoning and the juice from both limes and the zest from one. You want a stronger lime flavor then you can zest each lime. Seal tightly and shake the bag and massage the chicken until all your chicken is seasoned.
Step three: Once well seasoned you can take the chicken out of the baggy and then place a few thinly sliced bell peppers and some shredded cheese in the middle of each chicken breast. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Place in your prepared casserole dish.
Step four: Last, bake until chicken is cooked through and reaches a safe temperature. Remove toothpick from each chicken first and then serve.
- 2 pounds thin sliced chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1 oz fajita seasoning
- 2 limes
- 2 cups bell peppers (sliced thin)
- 3/4 cup cheddar jack cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place chicken into a large plastic bag. Add fajita seasoning and the juice from both limes and the zest from one (you can use the zest both for a stronger lime flavor).
Remove chicken from baggy then place a few thinly sliced bell peppers and some shredded cheese in the middle of each chicken breast. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Place in your prepared casserole dish.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches a safe temperature. Remove toothpick and serve.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH