My family loved this Ground Turkey Stroganoff! I switched out the classic ground beef and use ground turkey instead. It tasted great and was so easy to make. If you want to make this with ground beef I have a very similar Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe that my kids also love.
My boys have completely opposite tastes when it comes to food! My oldest loves noodles and the youngest like the meat. This Ground Turkey Stroganoff recipe worked perfectly for them! This is a super simple stroganoff recipe, of course! You know easy recipes are my favorite! For just personal preference I did not use fresh mushrooms in my stroganoff recipe. It just makes it a more kid-friendly meal! Instead, I used cream of mushroom soup and the kids didn't even notice the mushrooms at all! If you love cooking with ground turkey then check out my other ground turkey recipes.
Ground Turkey Recipes:
- Ground Turkey Chili
- Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Ground Turkey Taco Soup
- Ground Turkey and Rice Stuffed Peppers
Making Ground Turkey Stroganoff:
Step five: Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain then serve with the ground turkey stroganoff. This is optional and done to look pretty but I served mine with fresh parsley for garnish.
Egg Noodle Substitute:
For this recipe, we love to serve it with egg noodles but you could also serve this with spaghetti or even rice.
We serve this Ground Turkey Stroganoff with a veggie and side salad. Here are a few more of my favorite side dishes to serve with this family friendly.
- Baked Green Beans
- Roasted Broccoli
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Parmesan Garlic Skillet Green Beans
Ground Turkey Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 10 oz egg noddles
- In a large skillet add ground turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook and crumble ground turkey until fully cooked. Drain the fat and set the turkey beef aside.
- Use the same skillet (without the turkey in it) to melt butter. Once melted add in flour and whisked. Once ingredients are well combined and a thick paste form slowly add in beef broth. Whisking continuously until you have no lumps.
- Add in cream of mushroom soup and ground turkey and mix well until heated throughout.
- Remove from heat and add in sour cream then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain then serve with the ground turkey stroganoff. I served mine with fresh parsley for garnish.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH