These Christmas Pancakes are the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning! Loaded with Christmas sprinkles and topped with whipped cream your kids will love these before they run to open presents.
I make pancakes so much for the kids, that I have to make them extra special Christmas Morning! I make Christmas pancakes by adding fun, festive green and red sprinkles to the batter. Stack them up, top with some syrup, whipped cream, and more sprinkles for a fun Christmas morning! Serve with my Christmas Fruit Salad for the perfect Christmas breakfast!
How to make Christmas Pancakes:
Having 3 boys and a husband who will literally NEVER turn down pancakes, I have become a self-proclaimed pro at making pancakes. This is basically my Classic Pancake Recipe with the sprinkles added to it! Remember you can always make your Pancake Mix ahead of time and have it ready whenever you want to make them! Mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then together. Mix in your sprinkles while your pan heats up. Cook the pancakes, flipping them when they start to form bubbles on top. Serve with syrup and whipped cream!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter - melted
- Christmas Sprinkles or Jimmies
- Non-stick cooking spray for the pan
- Optional toppings - maple syrup, whipped cream, extra sprinkles.
Step Two - In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter.
Step Five - When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped! Cook each side until fully cooked. Repeat until all your batter is gone. Top with optional toppings and serve.
What should I cook my pancakes on?
A griddle will give you a great even heat source to allow the pancakes to cook perfectly!
What should I top my pancakes with?
- Maple Syrup - The classic topping for pancakes. There are a variety of different syrups out there, so get the flavor, style and brand you love! Better yet, try my Homemade Pancake Syrup recipe!
- Powdered Sugar - Sometimes a lighter topping is just great. A sprinkle of powdered sugar is light and sweet and works great with these pancakes.
- Whipped Cream - Whipped cream is one of the best toppings for an apple pie. It goes amazing on these pancakes too!
- Sprinkles - Add some more of the Christmas Sprinkles to the top for more colorful fun!
Try some of my other favorite Pancake recipes:
Apple Pie Pancakes - These Apple Pie Pancakes are the perfect Fall breakfast meal. They are full of apples and fall spices that make for a great breakfast!
Blueberry Pancakes - The best pancake breakfast recipe EVER! These Blueberry Pancakes are perfect for weekend breakfast with the family.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes - Easily the best breakfast recipe. Chocolate Chip Pancakes topped with sticky syrup and whipped cream, the breakfast of champions.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 ¼ cups Milk (more as needed)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup Christmas sprinkles (jimmies)
- non-stick cooking spray or butter for pan
- Optional: maple syrup, whipped cream, extra sprinkles for topping.
- Shift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter.
- Now mix together wet and dry ingredients. Then fold in your Christmas sprinkles.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter or non-stick cooking spray. When your pan is heated pour a small amount of batter, about ¼ cup
- When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped! Cook each side until fully cooked. Repeat until all your batter is gone. Top with optional toppings and serve.