Loaded with chicken, bacon, corn, and potatoes this Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder is one of my favorites. I love a good chowder and this recipe along with my recipe for Cheesy Vegetable Chowder is a must try.
I love a good soup recipe. This Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder is loaded with flavor and full of chicken and veggies. I finish it off with a cooked and crumbled bacon and served it with mini cornbread muffins. I’ll be having this for dinner this week along with a few more of my favorite soup recipes.
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
Making Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder:
Step one: In a large soup pot melt butter. Once your butter is melted add in diced bell peppers and diced onions and saute. You want these to be tender and they may need 2-3 minutes on a low/medium heat until they are tender. Next, add in minced garlic for the last 30 seconds. I always add my garlic in last since it tends to burn quickly.
Step two: Now whisk in flour and once dissolved slowly whisk in chicken broth. You want to be whisking while you add in your chicken broth until the base is smooth and you have no flour lumps.
Step three: Once all the chicken broth is in the soup add in cooked and shredded chicken, diced red potatoes, green chilis, corn, and seasonings. When all your ingredients are in your pot then bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook until potatoes are tender.
Step four: Remove from heat and mix in half and half. Mix together well then serve with cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Cooked and Shredded Chicken: For this recipe, I used chicken that was already cooked and shredded. When cooking with a recipe that calls for cooked chicken I like using my All-Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken. I can cook this during the day and it’s ready by dinner time. I also like cooking enough for two or three recipes. This way I only have to cook it once.
- Cooked Bacon: I love cooking my bacon in the oven. No mess and it can be cooking while you are starting your soup. To learn how to cook your bacon in the oven check out my recipe for The Perfect Oven Baked Bacon.
- 2 cup chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 1/2 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 red potatoes (diced)
- 4 oz green chilies
- 12 oz corn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
In a large soup pot melt butter. Add in bell peppers and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add in minced garlic for the last 30 seconds.
Whisk in flour and once dissolved slowly whisk in chicken broth. Once all the chicken broth is in the soup add in cooked and shredded chicken, diced red potatoes, green chilis, corn, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Remove from heat and mix in half and half. Mix together well then serve with cooked and crumbled bacon.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH