This Creamy Chicken Taco Soup is made with simple ingredients and full of amazing flavor. It's one of my favorites alongside my original taco soup recipe and one I think you will love just as much as we do.
There is something about soup that just warms you from the inside out. There is no better comfort food and this Creamy Chicken Taco Soup is one of my all-time favorite soup recipes. I make taco soup often and love trying it in different ways. From slow cooker to stove top if you like this recipe then you have to try a few more of my favorite soup recipes.
How to Make Creamy Chicken Taco Soup:
- Chicken Breast (boneless and skinless)
- Corn (drained)
- Green Chilies
- Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- Taco Seasoning
- Dry Ranch Mix
- Chicken Broth
- Half and Half
Step one: Cut chicken into bite sizes pieces. Next prep a soup pot with nonstick cooking spray or you could use about a tablespoon of oil. Once warmed add chicken and cook it until just about cooked through.
Step two: Next add in your corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well. Once everything is well mixed you can pour in your chicken broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes.
Step three: Last remove your soup from heat and pour in half and half and mix to combine.
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- tortilla chips
- fresh diced cilantro
- diced jalapenos
Making it in the Slow Cooker:
To make this in the slow cooker you could place all your ingredients except for half and half, in your slow cooker but leave your chicken breast whole and add in 2 more cups of broth. Allow it to cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours or until your chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove your chicken and shred then return it to your slow cooker along with your half and half. Mix well then serve.
Try some of my other Soup Recipes:
- Creamy Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Taco Chili
- Chicken Taco Soup
- 30 Minutes Taco Soup
- Ground Turkey Taco Soup
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, eave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 pound chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 15 oz corn (drained)
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 5 oz green chilies
- 15 oz black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoon dry ranch mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup half and half
- Cut chicken into bite sizes pieces. Spray a soup pot with nonstick cooking spray and cook chicken pieces until cooked through.
- Add corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well. Pour in chicken broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour in half and half and mix to combine. Serve with sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, or fresh cilantro.
Hi! You have salsa being added in the directions, but it's not in the ingredients list. How much salsa do you add?
Sorry for the confusion! For this recipe, you will need 1 1/2 cups of salsa.