Warm and cozy this Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup is the perfect soup for these cold months.
Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
Soup is one of my favorite types of foods and I love this one! Maybe it’s just all the different flavors in every bite or the warm comforting feeling that a big bowl of soup gives. I could eat it for about every meal and this Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup is a favorite of mine that you are going to have to try.
Loaded with veggies, bold sausage flavor, and cheesy tortellini all mixed together in a creamy soup! Oh man this stuff is good. Plus it’s made in the slow cooker so you know it’s going to be simple and easy.
- Ground Italian sausage, 1 pound
- Onion, diced, 1/2
- Celery, diced, 2 stalks
- Carrots, diced, 2 large
- Garlic, minced, 2 tbsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, 1/8 tsp
- Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp
- Chicken broth, low sodium, 4 cups
- Flour, 1/4 cup
- Half and half, 1 1/2 cup
- Frozen cheese tortellini, 19 oz
- Fresh spinach, 5 cups
- Milk, 1 cup
- Cook and crumble sausage on the stove top. Drain fat and add to your slow cooker.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth into your slow cooker. Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together flour and half and half. Add to slow cooker along with cheese tortellini. Allow to cook for 45 more minutes.
- Add spinach in and cook for 5-10 more minutes. Last slowly add in mix until you get the consistency you desire. Serve and enjoy!