These classic Ground Beef Tacos can be made in about 15 minutes and are perfect for any taco night of the week! This Tex-Mex favorite has perfectly seasoned ground beef, in a warm crunchy taco shell, topped with everything you expect on a taco.
Taco Tuesday is so popular right now!
Let me be honest with you though. Every night of the week at my house is a Taco Night!
We eat tacos, burritos, nachos, or taco soup all the time! It is one meal everyone loves, and everyone will eat!
And with tacos being overall very simple and easy to make, you know I am making them often here at our house!
How to make Ground Beef Tacos:
As I've said Taco are very easy and simple to make.
One thing I have not said yet though, is that these will be better and than ANY fast food place you go to for tacos!
Serve this meal with my Mexican Rice and you will have a great dinner planned!
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning - using homemade taco seasoning is the best! Click the link here, or scroll down to see the recipe!
- Taco Shells: Use either soft or hard shells.
- Toppings: Lettuce, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, or anything else you want to top your tacos with!
Step One - Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook and crumble. Drain off fat as needed.
- Tip: I like to use an 80/20 or 90/10 ground beef for this recipe. Keep it lean and keep it clean!
Step Two - Once ground beef is browned add in taco seasoning and salsa. Stir to coat the meat in seasoning.
- Tip: If you meat is too dry, one thing I will do is add 2 tablespoons of water to the meat to help it simmer in the salsa and seasoning.
Step Three - Spoon taco meat into shells and top with your favorite toppings.
Having Taco Night just reminds me of good times with the family.
We grew up having taco nights often, so did Chad. We love being able to have taco nights with our own kids now!
It's a ton of fun making your own tacos with the kids, and I'm sure your kids are just like mine and want as much cheese as I will give them!
Homemade Taco Seasoning:
You can go here to see my homemade taco seasoning, which I highly recommend. Or you can mix up the following ingredients and make your own as well!
What you will need:
- Chili Powder
- Garlic (I used dried minced, but garlic powder would also work)
- Onion Powder
What are some of the best taco toppings?
Top your tacos, fill your burritos or taco salads with whatever you like.
I think some of the best options are cheese, sour cream, Pico de Gallo or homemade salsa, avocado slices or homemade guacamole.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Ground Beef Tacos
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- ¾ cup salsa
- 8 taco shells (hard or soft)
- optional toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, or sour cream
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook and crumble. Drain off fat as needed.
- Once ground beef is browned add in taco seasoning and salsa. Stir to coat the meat in seasoning.
- Spoon taco meat into shells and top with your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply