Three simple ingredients and a few minutes of whisking for the perfect Homemade Whipped Cream. The perfect topping for any dessert.
There is just something about topping pies and treats with your own Homemade Whipped Cream. It comes out perfectly every time and tastes amazing.
If I'm being honest I could skip the pie and eat this with a spoon. It's that good! Top it on pies this holiday season or use it as a dip for fruit. Either way, you have it I think you are going to love it.
How to make Homemade Whipped Cream:
Step one: I start by chilling the bowl I will be using. This step is optional but I have been making my whipped cream homemade for years and find that it never fails if I started with a chilled bowl.
You, of course, want to make sure you are using a bowl that will be safe and not crack in the freezer. I use my stand mixer and have a metal bowl that I mix in. It can go in the freezer safety but if you have a glass it might not. Leave it in for just 10 minutes to get nice and cold.
Step two: Now add all ingredients into the chilled bowl and whisk. I used my stand mixer and whisked until my cream has formed soft peaks. This could take 6-8 minutes. If you don't have a stand mixer you can use an electric hand mixer instead.
Step three: Store in a container in the fridge or use right away for topping.
What to serve Homemade Whipped Cream with:
I love serving this with fruit and desserts! Here are a few of my favorite recipes that I serve this whipped cream on.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powder sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- I start by chilling the bowl I will be using. Just make sure what you are using is safe to be chilled, I use my metal bowl from my stand mixer and placed it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into the chilled bowl and whisk. I used my stand mixer and whisked until my cream has formed soft peaks. This could take 6-8 minutes.
- Store in a container in the fridge or use right away for topping.