I love a simple chicken recipe. This Honey Lime Chicken Breast only takes a few ingredients and taste amazing. It's simple to pop in the oven and a dinner your entire family is going to love.
Honey Lime Chicken Breast
We eat chicken often at my house and I love changing it up with new flavors. Of course, it has to be simple and easy to put together to pass the test in my house. This recipe is made with just a few ingredients and can be marinated overnight or cooked immediately. If you want more creative ways to cook your chicken then make sure to check out even more recipes next.
- Brown Sugar Chicken
- Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Ranch Baked Chicken
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Taco Lome Chicken Breast
Chicken Breast Marinade Ingredients:
This recipe is so simple to make and only takes a few simple ingredients.
- Chicken breast: I used boneless and skinless. You can use this same marinade with other chicken cuts but the cooking time may change.
- Honey: I like to use raw and local honey.
- Soy sauce: Use a low-sodium one or skip the salt that I add later.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper: I use this to taste. About ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper but add as much or little as you usually would put on your chicken.
How to make Honey Lime Chicken Breast:
Step one: Start by marinading your chicken. I placed mine in a large ziplock bag then poured in the remaining ingredients along with the juice and zest from your lime. Next zip it up, and massage (with hands outside the bag) into chicken until completely coated.
Step two: Let it sit in the fridge for about an hour, the longer time it sits the more the chicken will absorb the flavor or cook immediately. Marinading in the fridge is a great option but if you don't have time then go ahead and bake it right away, it will still taste great.
Step three: Once your chicken is ready then go ahead and preheat your oven and prepare a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook until chicken is cooked completely through.
Honey Lime Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 lime (juiced and zest)
- Place your chicken breast in a large ziplock bag. Pour in the remaining ingredients along with the juice and zest from your lime, zip up, and massage (with hands outside the bag) into chicken until completely coated.
- Let it sit in the fridge for about an hour, the longer time it sits the more the chicken will absorb the flavor or cook immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely through.