The perfect chicken marinate. This Baked Taco Lime Chicken Breast is so full of flavor. With just three simple ingredients it's so simple to make and a recipe you are going to love.
I love taco anything! For real taco recipes are my favorite and I can eat them in just about any and every way. This recipe was inspired by my grilled taco lime chicken. I had lots of readers ask me how to bake it instead of grilling. This recipe is so simple to make and has so much flavor. Plus with only three ingredients it's so simple to make. I topped mine on cilantro lime rice and served with a salad. This recipe is also perfect to slice up and serve in a taco shell or on a taco salad. If you want even more taco recipes you have to check out a few more of the other ones I have, they are awesome!
- Taco Soup
- Tater Tot Taco Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Taco Mac Casserole
- 30 Minute Taco Soup
- Taco Pasta Salad
Taco Lime Chicken Marinate:
This recipe is so simple to make. You only need two ingredients for the marinade.
- Taco seasoning
- lime juice
You can either make your own homemade taco seasoning or just use a packet from the store. I only used the juice from my lime and love the flavor it gives but if you want something more you can also zest your lime and add that into the taste.
Marinate time: For the best results I like to allow mine to marinate overnight. If you want to bake it right away you can do that also. I have before when I was in a hurry but the flavor didn't get through the entire chicken breast like it would if you allow it to marinate overnight.
Baking Taco Lime Chicken Breast:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees then place chicken in a dish and bake until chicken is fully cooked. Time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast. I baked mine for about 35 minutes. Chicken should be over 165 degrees F before eating. Once cooked allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve.
I served my chicken over my homemade cilantro lime rice and then added more cilantro onto the chicken. You can also slice and serve it on a salad or in a taco shell with all your favorite taco toppings.
Here are a few more of my favorite chicken breast recipes:
Baked Chicken Breast: This is my classic go-to recipe. It's simple to make yet full of flavor and goes with just about any side.
Slow Cooker Lemon Lime Chili Chicken: This recipe is made in the slow cooker with just a few ingredients and tastes amazing. I love serving it over rice.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken: This recipe is a favorite with my kids! I usually cut theirs so they have more like a chicken tender size and they eat them up.
Baked Taco Lime Chicken Breast
- 2 pounds chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 2 fresh limes
- Place chicken into a large plastic bag. Add taco seasoning and the juice from both limes and the zest from one (you can use the zest both for a stronger lime flavor).
- Rub chicken in bag to mix seasoning. Place chicken in the fridge for at least an hour but overnight would be best.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken in a dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Time will vary depending in the size of your chicken breast. For small chicken breast check the temperature around 20 minutes. Chicken should be over 165 degrees F before eating.