These Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders are baked in the oven and perfectly crispy. Topped with a simple BBQ sauce and then served with ranch dressing. The perfect comfort food.
I feel like chicken tenders are kind of my love language. Not going to lie as a 30 something mother of three I still will order myself chicken tenders and I don't even care about the judgment.
I don't find myself to be a picky eating at all and love to try new things but there is something about classic comfort food that I just crave.
These Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders are so simple to make. Full of flavor with the perfect simple sauce recipe brush on top.
Breading and Baking Chicken Tenders:
Step one: First start by preheating your oven and then preparing a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper.
Step two: Place flour in a shallow bowl then roll chicken tenders in it until coated.
Step three: Prepare two separate bowls. One with egg and milk whisked together and the other with your bread crumbs and seasonings.
Step four: Dip chicken pieced into the egg wash then into the seasoned bread crumbs and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat with all chicken tenders.
Step five: Bake until cooked through flipping halfway through cooking time.
How to make honey BBQ sauce:
- BBQ Sauce
On the stove top heat BBQ sauce, ketchup, and honey and whisk over low heat. When chicken is done brush them with warm sauce then serve. I served mine with ranch dressing for dipping.
Here are even more chicken tender recipes that I think you are going to love:
- Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Tenders
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
Side Dish Ideas:
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl then roll chicken tenders in it until coated.
- Prepare two separate bowls. 1. Whisk together egg and milk 2. Mixed bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces into the egg wash then into the seasoned bread crumbs and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat with all chicken tenders.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes flipping halfway through or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile on the stove top heat BBQ sauce, ketchup, and honey and whisk over low heat.
- When chicken is done brush them with warm sauce.
Do you use corn flakes or bread crumbs? The ingredients list bread crumbs, but the recipe instructs to dip in corn flakes. Thanks!
Sorry about that! I used my Honey BBQ Chicken Bites as a base for these tenders, and accidentally mixed up the recipe. This recipe for the tenders is with bread crumbs. Here is the other recipe: https://www.thediaryofarealhousewife.com/honey-bbq-chicken-bites/
Sounds great. Recipe reads "corn flacks" instead of "corn "flakes".
Thank you for letting me know! I appreciate it!