Honey BBQ Chicken Bites, baked not fried these easy chicken bites are the perfect weeknight dinner or great game day recipe with friends.
My kids loved these Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. They both love the sweet taste and crunchy texture. We made them for a quick dinner, but they also make the perfect food for the game! You can serve them as is or with ranch for dipping.
How to make Honey BBQ Chicken Bites:
Step one: Let's start by preheating our oven and then prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
Step two: Now place chicken pieces and flour into a bowl and mix until well coated.
Step three: Prepare two separate bowls.
1. Whisk together egg and milk
2. Mixed crushed corn flakes, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Step four: Dip chicken pieces into the egg wash then into the seasoned corn flakes, and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat with all chicken pieces.
Step five: Bake flipping halfway through. Meanwhile, on the stovetop heat BBQ sauce, ketchup, and honey then whisk.
When chicken bites are cooked carefully add them to a large bowl.
Pour on warm sauce and gently mix until chicken bites are coated. Serve warm and enjoy!
Can I skip the Cornflakes?
I have yet to try this recipe without the cornflakes, but I have had several readers tell me they skipped them and did more flour or even panko bread crumbs instead.
Since the cornflakes could get soggy quick if you plan on serving these the next day I would try out the panko bread crumbs.
Want more Chicken Recipes:
- Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Legs
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
- Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken
Love this recipe? Here are more of my favorite BBQ recipes:
Baked BBQ Chicken Legs: These Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks look and taste as they came right off the grill!
Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Pulled Pork: Let your slow cooker do the work today with this BBQ Ranch Pulled Pork.
Slow Cooker Cranberry-BBQ Meatballs: Made in your slow cooker then ready to serve, these Slow Cooker Cranberry-BBQ Meatballs make the perfect easy appetizer or simple dinner over rice.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
Honey BBQ Chicken Bites
- 2 pounds Chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 5 cups Corn flake cereal (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Place chicken pieces and flour into a bowl and mix until well coated.
- Prepare two separate bowls.1. whisk together egg and milk2. Mixed crushed corn flakes, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken pieced into the egg wash then into the seasoned corn flacks and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat with all chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile on the stove top heat BBQ sauce, ketchup, and honey and whisk.
- When chicken bites are cooked carefully add them to a large bowl. Pour on warm sauce and gently mix until chicken bites are coated. Serve warm and enjoy!