This Mexican Chicken Casserole is made in just 30 minutes and is truly the best Mexican Comfort Food you can make. Your family will love it and eat it all up!
Casseroles are high on my dinner list. I make them a lot and I make them often. To change up Taco Tuesdays I decided to make this Mexican Chicken Casserole. It has all the tasty ingredients of taco night, all mixed together and baked into a casserole.
How to make Mexican Chicken Casserole:
Casseroles are super easy to make, and that is why I love them. Just like all my other casseroles this is made the same way by mixing all the ingredients together and putting them in a casserole dish. You have to start off with you chicken pre-cooked and shredded. Use my All-Purpose Chicken recipe for the chicken. Mix the ingredients and crush your tortilla chips for the topping. Layer the casserole mixture into the dish and then top with the crushed tortilla chips. Bake and enjoy!
- Chicken - Cooked and shredded
- Taco Seasoning
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Black Beans - drained and rinsed
- Rotel - drained
- Corn - drained
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips - crushed
Step One - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step Two - In a large mixing bowl place cooked chicken, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, black beans, Rotel, corn, and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Mix together then place into prepared casserole dish.
Step Three - Top your chicken mixture with the remaining shredded cheese and all of the crushed tortilla chips.
Step Four - Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and warm thought out. Optional: top with fresh cilantro.
Can I make this ahead of time?
This recipe can be made and prepared ahead of time.
Mix all your ingredients together and put the mix in your casserole dish.
Cover it with a lid or plastic wrap. Do not top with the tortilla chips until you are to bake.
Can I freeze this casserole?
You can freeze this casserole either before your bake it or after you bake it. If you are going to freeze it before you bake it do not add the tortilla chips.
You can freeze this casserole baked or unbaked for up to three months.
Additional Toppings for the Mexican Chicken Casserole:
I love to top this recipe with additional Taco favorites like sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and jalapenos!
What should I serve with this casserole?
Mexican Rice - This Mexican Rice makes the BEST side dish recipe for your Mexican inspired dinners.
Pico de Gallo - This fresh homemade Pico de Gallo is loaded with fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro and flavored with lime juice. This is perfect for Taco Night or just a snack!
Slow Cooker Queso Dip - We love taco night and this Slow Cooker Queso Dip is a must as a side dish.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 oz taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 10.5 0z cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1 ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 10 oz Rotel ( 1 can drained)
- 15.25 oz corn kernels (1 can drained)
- 2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 cup Tortilla Chips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place cooked chicken, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, black beans, Rotel, corn, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Mix together then place into prepared casserole dish.
- Top your chicken mixture with the remaining shredded cheese and all of the crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and warm thought out. Optional: top with fresh cilantro.