Million Dollar Chicken gets its name from how amazing it is! It is so good; you would think it costs a million bucks! Chicken covered in cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon, this is a chicken dinner worth a million bucks!
Million Dollar Chicken was given its name after people ate it. The flavors of the cream cheese with cheddar cheese and bacon made this dinner taste like it cost a million dollars. This meal is so good and full of flavor.
My family loves this dinner, and we make it often. I think you will be too! Make a meal with a million bucks if you serve it with my Million Dollar Pound Cake for dessert!
How to make Million Dollar Chicken:
Prepare your baking dish for the chicken breasts. You can pound the chicken breasts out some if you need to make them thinner. Mix your million dollar topping ingredients together in a glass bowl. Spread the cream cheese topping over the top of the chicken breasts and bake.
- Chicken Breasts - boneless and skinless
- Cream Cheese - room temperature
- Cooked and Crumbled Bacon - Use my recipe for Perfect Oven Baked Bacon for this.
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Green Onion
Step Six - Remove from oven and top with sliced green onions. Serve and enjoy!
How long do you cook Chicken Breasts:
I cooked mine for 30-40 minutes. Time will vary depending on the size of your chicken. My chicken was very thick and needed the extra time.
That is why I recommend in the directions to pound you chicken out a little bit to make it thinner. This will help with the cooking.
Use a kitchen thermometer to make sure they are at a safe temperature before serving.
What should I serve with this dinner? Try some of these tasty side dishes!
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole - This Loaded Baked Potato Casserole is one of my favorite side dish recipes. It's so easy to make and tastes amazing. Potatoes make the best side dish and once you finish this one you have to try my other favorites like this Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Casserole.
Cheesy Corn - Creamy and delicious! This Cheesy Corn is my favorite side dish. It's simple to make and so full of flavor, a real must-try. You can even spice it up a notch by adding jalapeños or more chiles!
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes - The easiest side dish or a perfect lunch. No work for you because these Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are wrapped up in seasonings and in the slow cooker for hours. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Million Dollar Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 6 oz cream cheese (room temperture)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon (divided)
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ cup green onion (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Pound chicken as needed to make sure they are all even in size. Place chicken in the prepared dish.
- Add softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, ½ of bacon, ½ of cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix together well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture all over chicken evenly. Top with remaining cheese and then bacon.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced green onions. Serve and enjoy!