The perfect way to start your morning or a snack full of flavor. This Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie is simple to make makes the perfect breakfast or snack recipe.
My kids love smoothies and it's the perfect way to get some healthy fruit in their diet. They make the perfect breakfast that can be eaten on the go and I love making them for a quick snack for the kids.
Strawberry kiwi has always been a favorite of mine and this smoothie is the perfect combination of both!
How to make a Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie:
Smoothies are the easiest breakfast of course. Just toss everything into the blender and blend until smooth. If I'm not making this for my kids I would through in some protein powder for myself.
It helps me stay full long when drinking it! For this recipe I just used frozen strawberries and bananas. Two fresh kiwis, yogurt, and just a splash of milk.
You can always add more milk when blending to get it to the write consistency you enjoy.
- Bananas (peeled) - use any ripened banana. If it is too ripe don't use it as it will be very strong in the smoothie. Instead use an over ripe banana for some Banana Nut Bread.
- Strawberries (frozen) - you can use frozen strawberries from the store or you can freeze fresh strawberries
- Kiwi (peeled and diced) - make sure to use ripe kiwi. When kiwis are not fully ripened they tend to be more tart.
- Greek Yogurt
- Milk - any milk will work.
Are smoothies a healthy breakfast option:
Smoothies are an excellent source of antioxidants and other great vitamins and nutrients.
You can also add some other ingredients to boost the nutritional value of the smoothies.
Adding additional ingredients to the smoothie can increase the nutritional value however you wish to change it.
Things worth adding:
- Protein Powder
- Flax seeds or oil
Want more smoothie recipes:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Coconut Blueberry Smoothie
Have any leftover strawberries? Try out these recipes next:
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats: The best kinds breakfast. Make it the night before and sleep in the next day!
Strawberry Muffins: These are my kids favorite muffins and ones that you have to try out!
Strawberry Lemonade: If you love the freckled lemonade from Red Robin you have to try this recipe.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- 2 Bananas (peeled)
- 2 cups Strawberries (frozen)
- 2 Kiwi (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup Ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed.