The perfect fall cookie. These Apple Pie Cookies have that classic apple pie taste in a bite size cookie shape. It’s a must try recipe.
Apple Pie Cookies
Apple pie has to be one of my favorite desserts. Something about the sweet fruit and that buttery crust gets me ever time. My Dutch Apple Pie is a readers favorite and since I love it so much as well I love trying it in new ways. These Apple Pie Cookies are so simple to make. I used a mason jar to cut out small pieces of crust then filled it with apple pie filling and sealed another piece of crust on top. We went apple picking last week so I have been making all my favorite apple recipes. Here are a few more to check out after you are done with this one.
- Slow Cooker Fried Apples
- Apple Cider
- Dutch Apple Pie Bars
- Apple Pie Dip
- Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- Mini Dutch Apple Pie
- Dutch Apple Pie Bread
How to make Apple Pie Cookies:
Step one: Preheat oven.
Step two: Roll our pie crust and cut into circles. I used a mason jar lid to get the circles.
Step three: Mix together all remaining ingredients.
Step four: Place pie filling on one pie crust cut out and place another on top.
Step five: Press a fork around the edges to seal and cut slits in the top to vent. Be careful to not over fill.
Step six: Brush with egg wash then place pies on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
- Pie Crust: You can use a store bought or homemade pie crust. If you are making homemade then check out my recipe for Homemade Pie Crust. It’s so simple to make and taste amazing. Remember that a store bought crust comes with and my homemade recipe makes 2 crust which is what you will need for this recipe.
- Cooking Time: Your cooking time and temperature can vary according to what crust you are using. If you are using a store bought crust then read the package directions and bake according to those directions.
- Pie Filling: Make sure to not over fill your apple pie cookies. You do not want it leaking out. This recipe should work great with any pie filling. You can try cherry, peach, or even blueberry. Just make sure all fruit is cut into smaller then usual pieces to make sure they fit inside your cookie.
A few more pie recipes that I think you will love:
Mini Strawberry Pies: These adorable mini pies are so simple to make and a real crowd pleaser.
Hersey Pie: The BEST pie recipe that you don’t have to bake. Plus all you need is 3 simple ingredients.
Mini Pumpkin Pies: This has to be my favorite way to make pumpkin pie. They are bite size and full of flavor.
- 4 cups apples (diced)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pie crust (one package or one recipe will usually make two crust)
- 1 large egg (whisked)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (If using a store bought crust use temperature and time on directions). Roll our pie crust and cut into circles. I used a mason jar lid to get the circles.
Mix together all remaining ingredients. Place pie filling on one pie crust cut out and place another on top. Press a fork around the edges to seal and cut slits in the top to vent. Be careful to not over fill.
Place pies on a baking sheet and brush the top with egg yolk. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.