Everything is better with bacon especially when you add it to your favorite appetizer! This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is filled with cooked and crumbled bacon, ranch seasoning, green onions, and then rolled in crushed walnuts.
Cheeseballs are one of my families' favorite appetizers and party foods to have. I make them for almost every occasion and gathering we have. This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is one of our favorites.
Cheese balls are super easy to make, and they go a long way for a party. You can make them a variety of ways and in a variety of flavors, so have fun with making a cheese ball.
How to make a Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball:
To make a cheese ball it is very easy. Place all your ingredients starting with the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
Once all the ingredients are in the bowl mix it up. Use your hands or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Once everything is mixed together well form into a ball. On a shallow plate pour out the crushed walnuts and roll the cheese ball over them covering the entire thing. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Cream Cheese
- Dry Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning
- Seasoning - I used garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bacon - cooked and crumbled
- Green Onions - chopped
- Walnuts - crushed
Step One - In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, dry ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, bacon, and green onions.
- I used the good old fashion method and mixed it with clean hands; but you can also use a mixer with a paddle attachment.
Step Two - Once mixed shape into a ball.
Step Three - In a separate plate lay out chopped and crushed walnuts. Roll cheeseball in walnuts to coat.
Step Four - Chill for at least 1 hour then serve.
Why should you make a cheese ball?
Nothing beats a Classic Cheese Ball recipe. They make the best appetizers that everyone loves.
My husband and I have always eaten cheese balls. Our moms have made them for us our entire lives.
You can make them a variety of different ways like this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball.
What do you eat with a cheese ball?
I serve my cheese ball with crackers or raw veggies. Your favorite Ritz or Triscuit would be great.
I love to put it on celery, peppers, and carrot sticks as well!
How long does a Cheese Ball last?
This cheese ball would be good in the fridge in a container or covered for 7-10 days.
Can you freeze a cheese ball?
Yes, you can freeze a cheeseball. In order to freeze a cheese ball, follow these steps. A frozen cheese ball should last about a month.
Step 1: Form your cheese ball as according to the directions but stop at step three. Do not roll the cheeseball in nuts, chives, or anything else!
Step 2: Wrap your cheese ball in plastic wrap, tightly. Place in a freezer zip-lock bag.
Step 3: To unthaw, pull out of the freezer and place back in the refrigerator for roughly 6-8 hours before serving. Once thawed roll in nuts!
Try some of my other favorite Cheese Ball recipes:
Pepperoni Cheese Ball - An easy classic cheese ball recipe that you and your guests are going to love. This simple Pepperoni Cheese Ball is easy to put together and tastes amazing.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball - This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball recipe is the perfect dessert appetizer. It's sweet and goes perfect with graham crackers or vanilla wafers. Use a knife and spread it on some strawberries too for an extra special treat!
Pepper Jack Cheese Ball - This Pepper Jack Cheese Ball is one if my favorite appetizer recipes. It's so simple to make and a real crowd pleaser.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
- 16 oz Cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dry buttermilk ranch (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ¼ cup Green onions (chopped)
- 1 ½ cup Walnuts (crushed)
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, dry ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, bacon, and green onions. (I used the good old fashion method and mixed it with clean hands; but you can also use a mixer with a paddle attachment.)
- Once mixed shape into a ball.
- In a separate plate lay out chopped and crushed walnuts. Roll cheeseball in walnuts to coat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour then serve.