This recipe is a family favorite. My mom passed down her cheesy potato casserole to me years ago and I have made it several different ways. This version, Cheesy Ranch Potato Casserole is just like the classic but full of my favorite ranch flavor.
This Cheesy Ranch Potato Casserole is basically just love in a casserole dish.
It's a recipe that was passed down to me from my mom and one that I love to now make for my kids.
I've made it in several forms over the years and love them all the same.
How to make Cheesy Ranch Potato Casserole:
Step one: Start by preheating your oven and then prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. For this recipe, I used a 9X13 casserole dish.
Step two: Place all ingredients except for one cup of cheese and green onions into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Cooking tip: I usually mix all my ingredients before adding it to the casserole dish. This will help from getting too much food around your dish that will burn.
Step three: Once all your ingredients are well mixed you can place them into your prepared casserole dish.
Before baking top your casserole with the remaining one cup of shredded cheese and then bake.
Step four: When your casserole is cooked through remove from oven and top with green onions then serve.
Make Ahead Potato Casserole:
You can make mix this recipe the night before or up to two days and keep in the fridge. When you are ready to serve just place in the oven to back according to the recipe directions.
This Cheesy Ranch Potato Casserole is one of my favorite side dish recipes. Here are a few things I usually serve it with.
- BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Garlic Butter Chicken Breast
- Honey BBQ Meatloaf
- Brown Sugar Chicken
- Slow Cooker Maple Glazed Ham
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Cheesy Ranch Potato Casserole
- 32 oz frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch seasoning
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- ½ cup green onions (diced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9X13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except for 1 cup of cheese and green onions into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place your mixed ingredients into your prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with green onions then serve.