The perfect fall comfort food all made in the slow cooker. This simple Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage is sure to please the family and a recipe you will want on these chilly fall days.
This recipe is a family favorite. Cheesy potatoes with smoked sausage it's the perfect fall comfort food. Plus it's all made in the slow cooker which is a big-time win for this mama.
Here are more cheesy potato recipes that we all love.
- Cheesy Sausage Potato Soup
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Sheet Pan Cheesy Potatoes
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
How to make Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage:
Step One: Place all ingredients except for 1 cup of cheese into your slow cooker.
Step Two: Mix together well then place the lid on.
Step Three: Cook on low for 4 hours.
Step Four: Top with remaining cheese and place the lid back on then allow to cook for 20 more minutes.
- The Diced Onions: Yes I only used 2 tablespoons of diced onion. I know it doesn't seem like much but I find skipping this step will really change the flavor of the casserole. You could skip the onions if you don't have any and try an onion powder instead. I would add ½ teaspoon at a time to taste.
- Hash Brown Potatoes: I used frozen shredded hash browns for this recipe. I have never made them with homemade hash browns but I would think they would need more time to cook if you are using homemade hash brown potatoes.
- Smoked Sausage: I used a precooked smoked sausage rope that I sliced into bite-size pieces. If you are using a smoked sausage that is not precooked and raw I would suggest you cook the sausage first.
Here are a few more of my all-time favorite slow cooker recipes:
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini: This recipe is another readers favorite with over 20k shares on Pinterest. It is so simple to make and a recipe I think you will love.
Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Pulled Pork: A new way to do pulled pork. I just added my favorite dry ranch mix and it came out perfectly.
Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Buffalo anything is my favorite and I love this simple recipe. Add to a sandwich or even a salad or wrap!
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage
- 32 oz Frozen Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Frozen Minced Onions
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 10.5 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 tablespoons Butter (unsalted and melted)
- ½ teaspoons Salt (or to taste)
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (divided)
- 14 oz Smoked Sausage (sliced)
- Place all ingredients except for 1 cup of cheese into your slow cooker and mix together well then place the lid on.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Top with remaining cheese and place the lid back on then allow to cook for 20 more minutes.
I accidentally bought regular frozen hashbrowns instead of shredded. Will these still work for the recipe? They say southern style on the bag.
Yes, southern-style hash browns will work for this recipe.
What is a serving size?
About 1 cup.