The perfect fall comfort food all made in the slow cooker. This simple Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage is sure to please the family and a recipe you will want on these chilly fall days.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage
This recipe is a family favorite. Cheesy potatoes with smoked sausage it’s the perfect fall comfort food. Plus it’s all made in the slow cooker which is a big time win for this mama. I love adding all the food to the slow cooker during nap time and having dinner ready when everyone gets hungry. This weekend we are heading to the pumpkin patch and I’ll be tossing this Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage into the slow cooker so dinner is ready when ewe arrive home and maybe I’ll have extra time in the kitchen to work on a pumpkin pie instead! If you love cheesy potatoes
- Cheesy Sausage Potato Soup
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Sheet Pan Cheesy Potatoes
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
How to make Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage:
Step One: Place all ingredients except for 1 cup of cheese into your slow cooker.
Step Two: Mix together well then place the lid on.
Step Three: Cook on low for 4 hours.
Step Four: Top with remaining cheese and place the lid back on then allow to cook for 20 more minutes.
- The Diced Onions: Yes I only used 2 tablespoons of diced onion. I know it doesn’t seem like much but I find skipping this step will really change the flavor of the casserole. You could skip the onions if you don’t have any and try an onion powder instead. I would add 1/2 teaspoon at a time to taste.
- Hash Brown Potatoes: I used frozen shredded hash browns for this recipe. I have never made them with homemade hash browns but I would think they would need more time to cook if you are using homemade hash brown potatoes.
- Smoked Sausage: I used a precooked smoked sausage rope that I sliced into bite size pieces. If you are using a smoked sausage that is not precooked and raw I would suggest you cook the sausage first.
Here are a few more of my all time favorite slow cooker recipes:
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini: This recipe is another readers favorite with over 20k shares on Pinterest. It is so simple to make and a recipe I think you will love.
Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Pulled Pork: A new way to do pulled pork. I just added my favorite dry ranch mix and it came out perfectly.
Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Buffalo anything is my favorite and I love this simple recipe. Add to a sandwich or even a salad or wrap!
- 32 oz Frozen Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Frozen Minced Onions
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 10.5 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 tablespoons Butter (unsalted and melted)
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt (or to taste)
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (divided)
- 14 oz Smoked Sausage (sliced)
Place all ingredients except for 1 cup of cheese into your slow cooker and mix together well then place the lid on.
Cook on low for 4 hours. Top with remaining cheese and place the lid back on then allow to cook for 20 more minutes.