It's soup season and this Cheesy Sausage Potato Soup is going to be one of your favorites. Creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
Soup season is my favorite season. Warm drinks, warm soup, fuzzy socks, oversize sweaters, what else do you need in life? I'm a soup fan year round but something about the cold weather makes is taste even better.
This Cheesy Sausage Potato Soup is one of my favorites! I love the full flavor the sausage brings with the rich flavors of cream and cheese. Anything with cheesy potatoes is a favorite of mine.
You have to try this recipe then check out all my other cheesy potato recipes next.
Here are more cheesy potato recipes that my family loves.
- Baked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- Cheesy Potato Soup
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Sheet Pan Cheesy Potatoes
How to make Cheesy Sausage Potato Soup:
Step One: Start your soup recipe with sauté your onions and cook your ground sausage.
Step Two: Add your sausage to a soup pot with the potatoes and celery and boil in chicken broth until potatoes are tender.
Step Three: After the soup has cooked for about 20 minutes add cream and then shredded cheese.
Step Four: Allow it to cook while you stir until your cheese is melted .
Here are some of more my favorite cheesy soups:
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Soup: I love chicken fajita soup and adding all the cheese to it is amazing. This recipe is a must try.
Cheesy Taco Soup: Another favorite soup recipe of mine that I loaded with cheese. This one is so good.
Cheesy Ranch Potato Soup: Taking potato soup to a new level. Loaded with cheese and ranch seasoning!
Cheesy Sausage Potato Soup
- ½ teaspoon Olive oil
- ½ cup Onion (diced)
- 1 pound Italian ground sausage
- 4 cups Russet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup Celery (diced)
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream (can be substituted for half and half)
- 1 xup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. Saute onions for 2 minutes then add sausage. Cooked then drain fat.
- In a pot add cooked onions and sausage, diced potatoes, celery, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and shredded cheese and stir on low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are well combined.
- Optional: Additional cheese and fresh parsley for topping.