Taco anything is my favorite! These Oven Baked Beef Tacos are simple to make and make the perfect recipe for feeding a crowd!
Oven Baked Beef Tacos
If you have been around my site for a while then you should know how much I love tacos! For that matter taco flavored anything I love! Go search my site for taco and you will find some of my all time favorite taco recipes. I say we have a taco something at least once a week! These Oven Baked Beef Tacos are so simple to make and if you have a large crowd to feed they are simple to toss in the oven and have made for guest. Don’t shy away from them though I love making them for just my family and we all love them.
For this recipe I started with a pound of ground beed. I cooked and seasoned it like I would when cooking any typical taco but then I added my salsa into the beef after I drained the fat. This way the salsa flavor was baked in and you didn’t have to add it later. I filled my tacos with taco meat, black beans, and topped with shredded cheese. Bake it all together (I baked in a casserole dish so they wouldn’t fall over) and then top it with all your favorite taco toppings. I topped mine with shredded lettuce and red bell pepper.
- Taco shells 8-10 (depends on how full you want each taco)
- Ground beef 1 lb
- Onion diced, 1/4 cup
- Salsa 3/4 cup
- Taco seasoning 1 tbsp
- Black beans 1 can
- Taco blend shredded cheese 2 cups
- Lettuce shredded, 1 cup
- Red peppers diced, 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish by lightly spraying cooking spray and then placing taco shells standing up into the dish.
- Cook diced onion and ground beef in a skillet. Once fully cooked drain fat and return to stove top. Add taco seasoning mix until beef is coated then add salsa and mix again until well combined.
- Cooked beans according to can directions.
- Spoon in cooked taco beef into tacos and top with prepared black beans. Top each taco with shredded cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and taco shells cooked.
- Remove from oven and top shredded lettuce and diced red peppers or your favorite taco toppings.